• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CA split ... who's voting for/against this?

1 hour ago, LHalo said:

Maybe South California enacts a voter ID law. Boom... red state.

The better question is why all states dont.
I have to show id to buy freaking taco bell these days, but hey lets open voting to the web im sure noone will take advantage :)  
... but thats another discussion. 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

The better question is why all states dont.
I have to show id to buy freaking taco bell these days, but hey lets open voting to the web im sure noone will take advantage :)  
... but thats another discussion. 

You get carded at Taco Bell?

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Well when you buy as many as he does you have to show id to pay by card.

dont be a prick, it doesnt matter how much you buy if i use my bank card i get carded, yes.  
one of multiple day to day activities where i often have to show some form of ID.  

Just now, floplag said:

dont be a prick, it doesnt matter how much you buy if i use my bank card i get carded, yes.  
one of multiple day to day activities where i often have to show some form of ID.  

What's wrong with order a shitton of tacos? I don't want to live in an America where that's wrong!

13 hours ago, floplag said:

Im sure thats what will be said to try to sell it, but i wonder based on what?  the SD metro area likely out populates the rural/desert areas.   Last i checked that was still very blue so unless that shifts. OC is a bit of a wildcard thats true, recent events suggest they may be sick of Sacramentos shit but i suspect that area is probably split, meaning SD still likely topples it blue.  
I could be wrong, god knows wouldnt be the first time, but i see no real benefit to be had from this.

Moderate republicans would be able to win though, they'd likely elect two moderate republicans in the mold of Arnold Governator.

12 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Moderate republicans would be able to win though, they'd likely elect two moderate republicans in the mold of Arnold Governator.

is there such a thing anymore in this state?  i havent seen one.
anything in the mold of Arny is a Dem these days, heck he himself might as well be

1 minute ago, floplag said:

is there such a thing anymore in this state?  i havent seen one.
anything in the mold of Arny is a Dem these days, heck he himself might as well be

Doesn't that say more about what the Republican party has become?

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

Doesn't that say more about what the Republican party has become?

You are absolutely right, It does, which is why i dont support it anymore than i do the Dems. 
Im sick of the extremists on both sides, i wont support any of them.

21 minutes ago, floplag said:

You are absolutely right, It does, which is why i dont support it anymore than i do the Dems. 
Im sick of the extremists on both sides, i wont support any of them.

Same. I'd only vote Dem if its a moderate Dem & the Republican candidate is extreme, I'd only vote GOP if its a moderate republican & the Dem candidate is extreme.

I voted for no one in 2016, both candidates were beyond horrible.

Last time i approved of who i voted was for McCain in 2008. I liked how he was willing to oppose his own party on the issues far more than any other candidate.

1 minute ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Same. I'd only vote Dem if its a moderate Dem & the Republican candidate is extreme, I'd only vote GOP if its a moderate republican & the Dem candidate is extreme.

I voted for no one in 2016, both candidates were beyond horrible.

Last time i approved of who i voted was for McCain in 2008. I liked how he was willing to oppose his own party on the issues far more than any other candidate.

i vote issues and platform, not party, regardless. 
Hillary's platform was for to left for me and didnt address the needs of anyone outside her metro area constituents, which is also precisely why she lost. 
Trump. i have never liked, never will, and would vote for him to be hall monitor is an asylum, so i certainly didnt vote for him to be POTUS, but i understand why he won given what/who Hillary was.  
I didnt vore for either, i didnt want it on my conscience. 
Im done with the lesser of 2 evils voting method, wont do it, never again.  Give me soemone to vote for in a positive manner. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 10:58 AM, red321 said:

The costs and issues associated with this would be massive.

Costs associated with breaking up things like state parks, voting systems, transportation, universities (out of state tuition), social services, k-12 schools...how to deal with pension systems and CALPERS. Water compacts (how would the city of LA owning a significant portion of Southern California work?). Significant impact to California based companies with locations in now different states will end up dealing with multiple tax laws and regulations.

If you believe that California has big government now, create the same agencies two or three times over.