• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

When a business decides to leave a city after 18 years because those in charge of said city can't get their heads out of their asses, I think it's time for them to take a good hard look in the mirror. It's remarkable how quickly the Bay Area has gone to the shitter in what seems like less than a decade.

But hey, at least they're woke. 

39 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Oakland lost the Raiders. They're losing the A's and even the Warriors moved. 

The final nail in the coffin is losing INO. 

It's in Berkley. But just north of Oakland. Golden Gate fields said they are closing also. That's the only horse racing track in the bay area. You know it's bad when the degens are leaving.

My very white brother went to Berkeley Law School and lived in Oakland for years. One time years ago he got held up by a group of teenagers with a gun. Other than that, he didn't have any problem.

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

My very white brother went to Berkeley Law School and lived in Oakland for years. One time years ago he got held up by a group of teenagers with a gun. Other than that, he didn't have any problem.

Color(s) of the teens?

On 1/22/2024 at 9:45 PM, Blarg said:

Dude,Oakland has been a shithole for 30 years or more. 

It definitely has that "30 year or more" reputation for people who don't actually visit there, but my brother lived in Oakland for 5 years (2015-2020) and we would go once or twice a year to visit him, and it wasn't that bad. It definitely wasn't great, but I wouldn't have described it as the shithole it is now.  You didn't feel unsafe to walk around. We never had an issue, and we'd close bars and make the miles walking home at 2, 3am. Of course, results for others may vary. 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Yet the elected officials will do nothing different to prevent other businesses from leaving. 

Good. Let it burn to the ground. Let the low lifes that voted for them feel the repercussions of their poor decision making, they did it to themselves. 

11 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Color(s) of the teens?

Wild guess. 

58 minutes ago, katie said:

I lived in the east bay for a short time (2007-2008) and visited Oakland a couple times. There were definitely parts to stay away from (East Oakland) and other parts that were fine. 

Just like Santa Ana, Tustin, Orange, and Anaheim.

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Nope. I'm guessing they're more profitable in those cities.

The Oakland location was profitable.  That's not why they're leaving.