• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Ever?

One of my best friends at work is VP of Business Ops/IT. They considered it during Covid then chose against it. If I had to bet my life I’d bet on it not happening in my work life time. 

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

One of my best friends at work is VP of Business Ops/IT. They considered it during Covid then chose against it. If I had to bet my life I’d bet on it not happening in my work life time. 

You'll retire in like 10 years, right? So it could happen.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

An article I read explained it quite clearly, app orders present a difficulty preparing food that will be recieved fresh and the entire business model is based on that.

Remove that element and you are now competing using the same marketing tools that sends business to In N Out. Long term it could ruin the business based on quality and freshness and leaving them no decernable identity differentiating them and their competitors. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Doubtful.  If there ever comes a time when we need to drum up business.  The headaches aren’t worth it. 

Just having a whole department of IT, IT security, then having to pay all of the infrastructure.  Not to mention orders sitting on the counter ready for the taking.  Plus the little box stores, with limited parking and people trying to get their orders.  Sounds simple enough.  Get on it Strad, I expect your report in the morning.  

7 minutes ago, St1ck said:

It took them 40 years to add Cherry Coke and you think they are going to have an app?

I do remember Strad adamantly denying Cherry Coke would ever be added, so yes.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Doubtful.  If there ever comes a time when we need to drum up business.  The headaches aren’t worth it. 

Chick-fil-A seems to run smoothly with their app, which is the most robust and intuitive fast food app I've seen. 

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just having a whole department of IT, IT security, then having to pay all of the infrastructure.  Not to mention orders sitting on the counter ready for the taking.  

As has been explained before in this thread, there are many restaurants with apps that don't prepare your mobile order until you arrive at the restaurant. This is how Chick fil A works. 

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just having a whole department of IT, IT security, then having to pay all of the infrastructure.  Not to mention orders sitting on the counter ready for the taking.  Plus the little box stores, with limited parking and people trying to get their orders.  Sounds simple enough.  Get on it Strad, I expect your report in the morning.  

We have IT, we have IT security. 

There's a great episode of Bluey called "Phones." The kids' grandpa Mort visits, and he's sort of an off-the-grid type. The kids want to play a restaurant game where Mort must place his order on a pretend phone and wait for the kids to deliver his food.

He's very confused at first, but instead of being a grumpy old fart about it, he is patient and eventually learns how to play along, including "inventing" his own app to contribute to the fun.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

As has been explained before in this thread, there are many restaurants with apps that don't prepare your mobile order until you arrive at the restaurant. This is how Chick fil A works. 

Ok, then it should be good enough to just order when you get there then, if they aren't going to prepare till you get there.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

We have IT, we have IT security. 

Apps and app security, along with integration with Iphones, Android, Windows, Blackberries.  Plus opening up your firewalls to let it play with your systems is just a whole different beast in IT and IT security.  

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Apps and app security, along with integration with Iphones, Android, Windows, Blackberries.  Plus opening up your firewalls to let it play with your systems is just a whole different beast in IT and IT security.  

Yes. We have all of that.