• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blash recalled & starting tonight - Hermosillo optioned

Chuck

18 minutes ago, True Grich said:

One minute AW is calling for this guy to get every day AB's and then when he strikes out 3 times, AW calls for him to be shipped to Siberia. 

Now batting fourth for the Siberia Nomads... RFer - Jabari Blash. 

liar-liar-gif-8-1.gif

NO knee jerk reactions here...  Nah... Never.

To be fair, I never advocated for his promotion so knee is jerk-less in that regard haha.  To me, he's the typical AAA lifer that will tempt offense-starved teams with his power but ends up being over-matched whenever he's promoted.  Maybe he'll do something this time, I'll happily eat crow if he does because it means it helps the Angels.  However, it seems to me he has a couple of tricks (power, can work a walk) that are overshadowed by his deficiencies (no speed, bad defense, can't hit average).  

5 hours ago, True Grich said:

One minute AW is calling for this guy to get every day AB's and then when he strikes out 3 times, AW calls for him to be shipped to Siberia. 

Now batting fourth for the Siberia Nomads... RFer - Jabari Blash. 

liar-liar-gif-8-1.gif

NO knee jerk reactions here...  Nah... Never.

I wanted him to get a look, then I got a look of him, now I want Calhoun back.  

4 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I wanted him to get a look, then I got a look of him, now I want Calhoun back.  

If you want the Calhoun prior to going on the DL for a mysterious injury, nah... you really don't want him back. He's toast IMO. 

Blash may have some holes in his swing, but I'll take the random HR and XBH along with the strikeouts over weak ground balls into the shift, strikeouts and at best, warning track power. 

My as well call up EY Jr. or Ben Revere since he's fresh off the DL. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If you want the Calhoun prior to going on the DL for a mysterious injury, nah... you really don't want him back. He's toast IMO. 

Blash may have some holes in his swing, but I'll take the random HR and XBH along with the strikeouts over weak ground balls into the shift, strikeouts and at best, warning track power. 

My as well call up EY Jr. or Ben Revere since he's fresh off the DL. 

I would take either of those players over Blash.  

16 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I would take either of those players over Blash.  

Because you're scout eye is able to completely evaluate a player after 4 games?

What was your impression of Trout and Glaus when they first came up? Lots of swings and misses! 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

What was your impression of Trout and Glaus when they first came up? Lots of swings and misses! 

To be fair, Trout and Glaus were young with no MLB experience. Blash is a career .198 hitter in 103 games.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

My scout eye is not really a scout eye, just someone who has been passionate about baseball for 40 years, no different than yourself.  What I find funny is that you accuse me of being a homer more times than not, so why would I say that about Blash?  The guy has an awful swing, he wraps his bat to where it is parallel to the ground, the long way.  He does this to generate bat speed so he can smash the ball.  He also has his feet together in the back of the box so he can see the ball for the very longest reaction time.  So he has to do his long high leg step, bring the bat around his ear and into a good hitting plane.  He does all this and is behind on Wade Leblanc's 92 mph fastball.  That is what my "scout's eye" sees.  I'd like to know what you see.  

My impression of Trout was he his hands were quick to the ball, but I had no idea he would have this much power.  As for Glaus, all I remember is thinking "it looks like his bat gets BIGGER as it approaches the ball"

People are willing to be more patient with vets because they have a history of MLB success. However this is the catch 22 conundrum we face every year. You only get MLB experience by getting MLB experience. Most guys aren't going to come up and tear the world apart, Trout included. 

Me? I see Young as a waste of time. He's not going to suddenly hit like he did when he was younger. There's zero upside. Someone like Blash or Hermosillo may look like shit now, but there's potential. The only way they reach that potential is by facing MLB pitching. Blash has nothing left to prove at AAA. Hermosillo could use some more time but he's not going to be worse than Young or Calhoun have been.

I think the offense can survive with what they have. The SP certainly can. Let the young guys get their lumps while they can and improve the bullpen.