• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So yesterday Aaron Judge struck out 8 times in 9 at-bats

Chuck

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

A bit off topic, but Babe Ruth never struck out more than three times in a game.

Ruth also never struck out more than 93 times in a season, even though he led the lead several times and finished with more K's than any previous hitter. His 162-game average was 86 strikeouts.

They also didn’t have guys like Verlander, Scherzer, Kershaw...you get it

Yep, hitters generally didn't K very often back 90-100 years ago.    Rarely did a pitcher strike out even at least 200 in a season in the 1920's, despite starting 40-50 games/season.   No AL pitcher struck out at least 200 in any season in the 1920s, and only 3 NL seasons saw it happen in the 1920s.    

15 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I played fantasy sports years ago.  I have too many hobbies though and baseball especially took up too much time haha.  I'd play again though if my friends invited me but they are all married with kids now so blah. 

Next time we have an opening I’ll remember u, mang.

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

A bit off topic, but Babe Ruth never struck out more than three times in a game.

Ruth also never struck out more than 93 times in a season, even though he led the lead several times and finished with more K's than any previous hitter. His 162-game average was 86 strikeouts.

Not trying to nit-pick here but, Ruth's strikeout avg. should go up some because they only played 154 games in a season back then, not 162.

31 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Without Yankee Stadium no one would even know who Aaron Judge is. He's Mike Cameron away from that children's park. 

He was pretty good home and away in 2017 (1.165 home OPS and .935 road OPS).   For whatever reason, it's totally different in 2018 so far (1.243 home OPS and .653 road OPS).

One thing noticed is the HR's and BBs on the road are likely way down from where they were a year ago at this time.

Plus as a RHH, he does have a deeper LF/LCF at home to deal with than most MLB hitters.   That makes his near 1.200 home OPS since the beginning of 2017 pretty remarkable.   That stadium, like the old one, padded so many LHH's stats over the years.   But with RHH's like PayRod, who never exceeded a .928 OPS in the new stadium, the new stadium was less forgiving.

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He was pretty good home and away in 2017 (1.165 home OPS and .935 road OPS).   For whatever reason, it's totally different in 2018 so far (1.243 home OPS and .653 road OPS).

One thing noticed is the HR's and BBs on the road are likely way down from where they were a year ago at this time.

Plus as a RHH, he does have a deeper LF/LCF at home to deal with than most MLB hitters.   That makes his near 1.200 home OPS since the beginning of 2017 pretty remarkable.   That stadium, like the old one, padded so many LHH's stats over the years.   But with RHH's like PayRod, who never exceeded a .928 OPS in the new stadium, the new stadium was less forgiving.

Yankees Stadium is actually just as homer happy to left as it is to right.