• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

???  I read that the St Louis pick was ours unless it's a top 10 pick.

Top 20 pick is what I have heard.  The top 10 is between St Louis and Buffalo.  If the pick becomes top 10, then Buffalo gets 2020 1st round pick.  

The best the late first pick can get is #20 pick if that picks spot finishes exactly at #20, thats a decent late 1st when considering that will be higher than any of the 1sts moved at the deadline.

However SJ pick could fall to #23 since Erik Karlsson appears to be shutdown right now & if they exit the playoffs within 2 rounds it should stay where it is.

Still nice insurance on the SJ pick if STL can finish at #20 to #23 as i think its most likely the SJ pick will be #25 to 27.

So the only games the Ducks should win is vs SJ & lose the rest of their games. Losing to STL was huge in both boosting the Ducks chances at moving back into #4 pick pre-lottery & helping STL get back towards #20, their now at #19 & another few wins they will be back at #20

Tankathon.com has a lottery simulator.  I've tried it maybe 30 times, and I'd say 80% of the time, we drop in orders.  Only once did I get first pick.  And I think 2 times got second pick.  I've seen Florida jump like 1 million spots followed by Columbus getting the #1 pick more often than I saw the Ducks get the #1 pick.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, gotbeer said:

Tankathon.com has a lottery simulator.  I've tried it maybe 30 times, and I'd say 80% of the time, we drop in orders.  Only once did I get first pick.  And I think 2 times got second pick.  I've seen Florida jump like 1 million spots followed by Columbus getting the #1 pick more often than I saw the Ducks get the #1 pick.

I just ran it once, and predicted the Ducks getting first overall, and 20th overall (from STL).

Basically the absolute best case scenario.

So it's a lock! Plan the parade.

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

As a Ducks fan, this is just so depressing to watch.

Like I've said, if we finish with a 10+ draft pick, they should fire Murray. This is not Lala land. You have to take the draft pick you deserve. When's the last time the Ducks got a top 5 pick. Get your f'ing pick Murray.

Right now, we are at #5.  New Jersey is 4 points worse than us.  But there is a logjam 1 and 2 points behind us.  We could in a snap go from 5 to 9.  Colorado is still 5 points out of us.  

The good news is, we've played 73 games.  New Jersey is at 72 games.  And those trailing us are at 71 and 70 games.  

9 games left.  2 against the kings.  Florida needs the win badly.  Winnipeg, Calgary x2, San Jose should roll us.  Vancouver and Edmonton should be rest days for our guys.  

21 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So back to Ducks news.  Tonight is Getzlaf Bobble Head night.  This can't be it can it?  It's so bad that it's freaking amazing.

Getzlaf_bobble.jpg

Dumbest idea for a bobble head I can remember. It must be someone high up who had the idea or approved it, because the announcers a game or two ago were sure trying to sell it - saying stupid stuff like how unique it was and greatest bobble head ever. The spin was super high.

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Dumbest idea for a bobble head I can remember. It must be someone high up who had the idea or approved it, because the announcers a game or two ago were sure trying to sell it - saying stupid stuff like how unique it was and greatest bobble head ever. The spin was super high.

So you are the one that is still watching the games.  

31 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I'm surprised they haven't taken the buyout on him. Or, am i missing something here?

No reason to buy him out now since he's stashed on the Gulls.  But the cap hit wouldn't be much.  Capfriendly say if we buy him out in the offseason it would be $1.15 next season and $1 million after that.   

Kesler is a different story.  Buyout would be $2.425 million for the next 3 years and $2.225 million over the 3 years after that.  LTIRetired might be the best course.  Only bad thing is you can't take the cap off till the first game.  So we'd be $6.875 down in the offseason.