• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Murray.  You are screwing things up.  You are supposed to lose.  Give the defending SC champions respect.  Oh maybe the Caps can stage a comeback. 

Then again, Perry and Silfverberg scores goals.  Hopefully someone bites.  And Miller.  Good showing might get a team deep in the playoff run interest.  He deserves another run in the SC playoffs.

Trade Silfverberg.

Scouting the Anaheim Ducks and Washington Capitals

Helene Elliott: Scouts listed to attend yesterday’s Ducks-Capitals game include St. Louis Blues (2), Arizona Coyotes (2), Vegas Golden Knights (2), Florida Panthers (2), Montreal Canadiens (2), New Jersey Devils, Washington Capitals, Calgary Flames, Tampa Bay Lightning, Buffalo Sabres, New York Islanders, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars and the San Jose Sharks.

And going back to Eaves.  I wonder if a playoff team would take a chance on him?  This year would be negligible to the cap.  Next year is at $3.25 million.   If a team has cap space, which a lot of the contenders have, might not be a bad pickup.  When he's healthy, he's definitely worth the price.  Question is can he be healthy, and is it worth the extra insurance to have a scorer?

And I have one foot inside the fire Murray camp.  And BTW.  If the reported stupid AAV of $6 million is true.  That would mean we have $646k in cap space next season.  That is a K as in thousand.  So this mediocre team is what we get next season also.  Meanwhile, other teams will be getting small upgrades in Stone, Duchene, Panarin, Karlsson, Hughes, Kakka, etc.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-scouting-dal-nsh-panarin-silfverberg-and-puljujarvi/2019/02/20/

Tagging rule in the way of a Silfverberg extension?

TSN: It doesn’t appear that the Anaheim Ducks are going to be trading Jakob Silfverbergahead of the deadline. There have been working on a contract extension, but the tagging rules may be holding up the deal.

“It’s not quite finished yet, it’s more of a cap-management issue because they have tagging issues. They’ve had over 100 roster moves this season alone which eats up tagging space to some degree. They are over the cap, so you’d have to subtract that from your tagging space.

You’ve got Patrick Eaves on waivers. If he gets claimed, then that might free things up a little bit for the Anaheim Ducks.

Otherwise, they’re likely  going to have to wait to get it official on March 1, when every team, gets a 10 per cent bump in the tagging space.”

Just because I'm bored.  Caps sent down Smith Pelly.  It's rumored that it was done to save cap space, so that they can make a trade.  Presumably with the Kings.

So what if Eaves was sent down to make cap space to make a much bigger trade?  Eaves $3.15 million.  Panarin $6 million.  Stone $7.35 million.  

As I said, I'm bored.  And visions of lollipops are dancing in my head.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Hopefully now they trade him for a 1st rounder now that he's signed long term.

Pretty restrictive limited trade provision being reported.  He has a list of specific teams he can be traded to.  I believe the number is 10. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

F*ck.  We just gave a 5 year $5.25 million (now being reported) AAV contract to a player that has never scored 50 points a season.  And is more of a 40 point scorer.  Who will be 29 when the contract starts, 33 when it ends.  And people wonder why we don't score goals.  

Good job in getting younger and faster Murray.

Fire Murray, Trade Silfverberg.

Maybe Murray is tending to his son named Cam Fowler about a trade their about to make sending him to Montreal/Detroit/STL/Colorado.

Thats the teams highest paid Dman locked up long term in a 8 year deal. Moving him clears a ton of cap & injury risk.

Then you have Henrique who's overpaid but if you go full tank you don't need Henrique for next year as Getzlaf/Cozens(Or Dach/Turcotte)/Steel/Rowney/Kesler is enough

Shore is making 2.3 million this year & next year so they could dump him on some team for a 2nd rounder.