• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Well, that would be one way to blow things up.

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Latest-on-Getzlaf-another-source-Panrovsky-Hamilton-Duchene-Buzz1/1/97701

On Getzlaf...

I was as surprised as anyone yesterday when I was told be a high ranking NHL source that Vegas had serious interest in Ryan Getzlaf, and then today I was informed by a long time Ducks guy that there had been talk of this even back in the summer...I feel this will be one of the BIG stories everyone will be talking about when we get to the deadline...

When Getzlaf is out on the ice, you can tell he is a man among boys.  A bit slow, but he does what he wants with the puck, and rarely do I see anyone able to muscle him off of it.  He still has vision and finds the open man.  I think the biggest qualm besides his speed is that he doesn't shoot the puck more.  I can also see him signing a lower contract once this one is over to remain on the Ducks.  

Perry, I can't say the same things.  Kesler, that hip injury just destroyed him.  LTIRetire time.  Although the problem with LTIRetire is the offseason.  His salary counts against the cap in the offseason.  It's only at game 1 can you LTIRetire him.  So we'd be working with a $6.875 million cap hit in the offseason.  

Hopefully if anyone is interested in anyone, it'll be Perry.  When you look at his buyout structure.  Even if we had to eat $3 million AAV of his contract, bringing his AAV down to $$5.625.  That might be worth it for some team to get a 40+ point a season scorer.  And it would save the Ducks on the extra 2 years of buyout cap space, and the big year 2 bump in the buyout.

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I don't see us being a serious cup contender the next 2-3 years. If they could get some high quality draft picks, I would let him go.

I think we could be cup contenders next season.  If we actually do get Hughes or Kakko, that's an instant boost.  Rakell/Getzlaf/??.  I still think playing Kesler on that line might be worth a shot, because what that line needs is a pest in front of the net.  But in reality, kesler and perry should be 4th line guys.  Second line is the Rico line, so that's set.  Third line will be Eakins Gulls line.  It's just will Eakins have balls to give Perry and Kesler 4th line minutes.    

That would then leave Defense.  I still think 2 of our 4 will be traded.  But that then gives room for Larsson and Mahura.  I think the Ducks are going to go hard after Karlsson in the offseason.  

Looks like someone won more than the Ducks on the last roadtrip.

Ducks’ forgettable road trip doesn’t dampen newlyweds’ honeymoon

021119_ducks_fans_honeymoon_road_trip-e1

On Thursday morning, TSN host James Duthie came across a photo on Twitter of the couple with their checklist sign before the Maple Leafs game. He responded with, “Ouch. Feel like we should all chip in and send them to a resort. Or therapy.”

Three hours later Duthie Tweeted again, writing that through connections he has at the Wymara Resort in Turks and Caicos, the Gladds would be getting a free four-night stay. “[O]ne of our owners is a Senators fan so it’s the least we can do,” the resort revealed.

The Wymara Resort gave Pro Hockey Talk the full details of what the Gladds trip will consist of:

• Four night-stay at the resort
• A three-course dinner at the restaurant Stelle, which will also include a bottle of wine
• Sunset cocktails at champagne bar Pink Bar and a beach bed

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha.

If we do this, we truly deserve to be in last place for another 5 years.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-anaheim-ducks-and-the-edmonton-oilers/2019/02/15/

Silfverberg could be looking around five years and $6 million per

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

PICK TEAM GP RECORD PTS PPG ROW STREAK L10 TOP 3 #1 OVR

ott.png

Ottawa
  COL col.png
57 21-31-5 47 0.825 21 Lost 2 3-7-0 49.4% 18.5%

nj.png

New Jersey
57 21-28-8 50 0.877 20 Lost 2 3-6-1 38.8% 13.5%

la.png

Los Angeles
57 23-28-6 52 0.912 21 Lost 3 5-3-2 33.9% 11.5%

det.png

Detroit
58 23-28-7 53 0.914 21 Won 2 5-5-0 28.8% 9.5%

ana.png

Anaheim
57 22-26-9 53 0.930 19 Won 1 3-7-0 26.1% 8.5%

Make Anaheim Great Again.

Trade Silfverberg, two of Fowler/Lindholm/Montour, Buyout Perry and Kesler.  Frees up at least $21 million.

Next years Lineup.

Getzlaf/Rakell/Panarin

Henrique/Kase/Ritchie

Hughes/Terry/Jones

Steel/Sprong/Shore

Karlsson/Manson

One of Fowler/Lindholm/Montour and Larsson

Mahura/anyone

Oh, and we'd still have cap money.  I can dream right?

Man, this trade deadline is reminding me a lot of the MLB offseason.  No one wants to make a move before Harper is signed.  Just like it seems like no moves are being done before the Panarin, Stone, Duchene blowback is determined.  

Trade Silfverberg.