• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Damn, the fuckers been busy.

Anaheim acquires Del Zotto from Vancouver; Grant from Pittsburgh

Ok, let's see what he did.

Schenn and a 7th round pick for Michael del Zotto.  Well we all know that Schenn was Murray's but veterans signing this offseason.  More than likely in case 3 of our defensemen were hurt, which they were for  8 games.  No big loss there.  7th round pick, usually is not much, but picks are picks this draft and we should be hording them.  Michael del Zotto, 28 year old defenseman.  Ok, Murray, at least take a chance on like a RFA defenseman.  Especially if you are giving up a pick.  He hovers around a 50 CF and FF.  Oh, and he's $3 million this season to Schenn's $800k.  Michael del Zotto is not the difference on D for this team.  So this IMO alone is a pretty bad trade.  Unless Murray is going to make a much bigger trade in one of our top 4 dmen.  

Next up  Grant.  So we traded Blandisi for Grant.  Blandisi if you don't remember was part of the Rico trade.  24 years old, and didn't get much of a shot under Fatso #2.  But he was scoring 23 points in 27 games with the gulls this season.  And we traded him for Grant.  We all remember grant.  Actually he's a good guy to have on the 4th line.  problem is, we have like 20 players that are good guys to have on the 4th line.  Grant is also 28, so we are getting older.  And he's a UFA.

Overall, the last 3 trades.  It looks like Murray is trying to help other teams get better, and really not doing anything for the Ducks.  I think I'm getting in the fire Murray column now.  We really haven't traded anyone of significance.  But at least trade somewhat for the future.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  Anyone find it odd, that suddenly a Kesler article that he won't waive his NMC comes out in the midst of Murray going crazy?  I wonder if a trade was in the works.

I think there's probably 5 trades in the works. Problem is, the other GM's know Bob is going a little crazy right now and they don't want to make a deal unless they can take him.