• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

22 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Maybe Murray is tending to his son named Cam Fowler about a trade their about to make sending him to Montreal/Detroit/STL/Colorado.

Thats the teams highest paid Dman locked up long term in a 8 year deal. Moving him clears a ton of cap & injury risk.

Then you have Henrique who's overpaid but if you go full tank you don't need Henrique for next year as Getzlaf/Cozens(Or Dach/Turcotte)/Steel/Rowney/Kesler is enough

Shore is making 2.3 million this year & next year so they could dump him on some team for a 2nd rounder.

The thing about Rico, is that he's a lot more than what points he puts on the board.  He is definitely one of the team leaders, and seems to mentor the younger players well.   Would Kase be Kase without Rico as his centerman?  Because they tried to put him on the Getzlaf line, and that didn't work very well.  Same could be said about Ritchie.  He's having a really good shortened year right now.  And he seems to work best on the Rico line.  When that trio was together, they pretty much were the #1 line most of the nights.  

Just IMO, but if you trade Henrique, you are in full tear down mode.  Which will make the Silfverberg signing even dumber.   Oh, and if the choice was Silfverberg or Henrique, and the Ducks go with Silfverberg.  Then well the Murray is and idoit.  

The only good thing about Duchene being traded to the Blue Jackets.  Might mean Panarin is off the trade table.  And might make the Penguins, Hurricanes, and Canadiens want to make a bigger move.  Canadiens were interested in some of our players.  Think the rumor was Fowler.  If we could get their 1st rounder and one of their three really good forward prospects, we should be running for the phone.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Well this Montour trade is even more evidence of what a complete disaster Murrays handling of Theodore was at the expansion draft.  Just fuc*king dumb.

Yeah, but that Montour signed a bridge deal instead of a long term deal meant he was destined to be unaffordable for the Ducks in the long term.  I knew his days were numbered for the Ducks when he did that.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, but that Montour signed a bridge deal instead of a long term deal meant he was destined to be unaffordable for the Ducks in the long term.  I knew his days were numbered for the Ducks when he did that.  

It’s true enough.  At least they got a 1st but still seems like sort  of a light return.  Oh well. 

Guhle. 21 year old 2nd round pick.  Limited NHL experience.  6'2" 196.  50 games in the AHL, 27 points.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/63250/brendan-guhle

A heads-up defenseman who can really take a beating and dish it out as well. Built like a tank; grueling play doesn't phase him. Calm, collected, and poised with the puck; great body and stick positioning without the puck. Reliable at both ends of the ice and can be trusted with a hefty amount of ice time. All-in-all, a defenseman who strives to be difficult to play against, consistently, with and without the puck. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=160183

Edited by gotbeer

BTW.  Right now, CapFriendly is listing the pick that we get as St. Louis pick.  They say it's either St. Louis or San Jose.  Let's hope it is correct and we get the better pick between the two.  Currently, by standings, it looks like the #18 pick.  Where San Jose is at #28 currently.

You know.   Looking further, the writing was on the wall.  With Carlyle.  Montour was averaging well over 20 minutes a game.  And since the last game of Carlyle to Murray.  It's dropped from 15-18 minutes.  He's the only Dman of the 4 that had his time cut.  

Ya a little bit of time to think about it I like the Guhle get.  He’s the kind of player that I believe the Ducks need in the back end to compliment Fowler and Lindholm.  Assuming he matches the profile that scouts give him.  

Admittedly, as a Duck fan i probably overrate Montour.  Who, despite flashes really hasn’t demonstrated a lot.  The trade is fine. 

I was a fan of Montour, I think his growth was severely stunted by RC and would have liked to see what he could do under a new coach... but a 1st and a good prospect is a nice trade.

I am irritated that it looks like they are trying to keep Silf instead of trade him.

A little under 4 hours left in the trade deadline.  Who I think should be traded are Silfverberg, Rowney, Shore, Del Zatto, Holzer.  Who is totally up to him if he gets traded is Miller.  Who I wish they could trade but you know there is not chance in hell (although there is talk that Kovulchuk may be traded, so maybe there is a market for them)  Perry and Kesler.  

I noticed that now that Kesler is getting fewer minutes he is playing better.

Really sucks that he fell off a cliff the way he did after he was perhaps the best player on the team for a couple years.

I don't see any way he or Perry are traded unless the Ducks eat the majority of their contracts.

Guhle has wheels, had one of fastest skating speed records in AHL allstar game skating speed competition. A big boy with wheels.

The STL pick is #20 on http://www.tankathon.com/nhl so we get the #20 pick as of right now but that could change.

Interesting about having #20, one of best players available at the #20 to #25 range is Mortiz Seider RHD from Germany, 6'3 in height & plays a strong defensive game & has more offensive upside than Josh Manson. German Josh Manson. If his Slapshot is any good he could earn the nickname Moritz Howitzer.

Or if they want a forward a guy like Pellettier could be available there but Seider might actually be Best Player Available at that spot despite RHD being a position of need as well.

Most media opinions is that the Sabers did much better than the Ducks with this trade.  They all blame Carlyle's system for any issues in Montour's game.

If the Ducks don't trade a couple more players in the next two hours I will be really upset.

38 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Guhle has wheels, had one of fastest skating speed records in AHL allstar game skating speed competition. A big boy with wheels.

The STL pick is #20 on http://www.tankathon.com/nhl so we get the #20 pick as of right now but that could change.

Interesting about having #20, one of best players available at the #20 to #25 range is Mortiz Seider RHD from Germany, 6'3 in height & plays a strong defensive game & has more offensive upside than Josh Manson. German Josh Manson. If his Slapshot is any good he could earn the nickname Moritz Howitzer.

Or if they want a forward a guy like Pellettier could be available there but Seider might actually be Best Player Available at that spot despite RHD being a position of need as well.

A big boy with wheels would be a good compliment to the offside of Fowler.  

Oh, and in before a German Holzer gets mentioned.