• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Sooooo... This happened last night...

https://www.mlb.com/video/hanewich-strikes-out-side/c-2518706083?tid=26271672

Struck out the side... Hit triple digits on the gun.

funky delivery.  herky jerky.  looks very tough to pick up.  

I think that gun was a bit hot though as they had pearson from the jays at 104.  

Yeah, this is a promotional game, I'm sure the gun is tinkered with.

It's played at Surprise stadium and when you go to the box office for one of the regular games they offer free tickets to the Fall Star game. As many as you want and that is why the stadium is full, otherwise it would be closer to the regular night games there that draw about 700 people. 

You can ask people in the Phoenix area if they go to the Fall League games and they have no idea what you are talking about. I hope they stay clueless because general seating at $7 to watch these guys play is baseball perfection. If it gets popular then it's the spring training gouging all over again. Assigned seats at $30-80 each, paid parking, increased food costs, hotels jacking prices up.  

https://youtu.be/bW6YVLK0zQM

Pretty similar arm slot too. I think Walden is a bit heavier at this point, but I remember as a prospect he's was thinner than Hanewhich is right now. So year, as long as he can find the strike zone, Hanewhich looks like he'll be in an Angels uniform next year. 

The sheer velocity between him, Middleton, Buttrey and whoever else grabs a spot down there will be fun to watch. We might have four different guys sitting in the high 90's.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

https://youtu.be/bW6YVLK0zQM

Pretty similar arm slot too. I think Walden is a bit heavier at this point, but I remember as a prospect he's was thinner than Hanewhich is right now. So year, as long as he can find the strike zone, Hanewhich looks like he'll be in an Angels uniform next year. 

The sheer velocity between him, Middleton, Buttrey and whoever else grabs a spot down there will be fun to watch. We might have four different guys sitting in the high 90's.

Which of the three would you like to see be the closer?

5 hours ago, joeybaseball said:

Wow- hey is that the first time Dan Osinski has been named on Angelswin? What a memory you have. Good pitcher from some bad ancient Angels teams...

He had the most herky jerky delivery i ever saw. I was there to see his Angels debut @ Chavez Ravine. I was about 10 then. I was standing next to the bullpen when he was warming up to come into the game. 

On 11/3/2018 at 2:20 PM, Inside Pitch said:

BTW -- check him out as he rounds 2B -- dude runs just like his Dad used to...

i remember joe morgan on a sunday night game in anaheim saying that vladdy always ran like his feet were hurting.

14 hours ago, Dochalo said:

funky delivery.  herky jerky.  looks very tough to pick up.  

I think that gun was a bit hot though as they had pearson from the jays at 104.  

i think that little hesitation kick with his foot is probably distracting to hitters.

anyway, encouraging video.

Jahmai has a fast bat, as he's always had. The leg kick is only a little more than we've seen in the past, I think the big thing I saw from hat clip is his stride length and timing. A couple times he over here tended himself and fouled off what looked to be hittable pitches, and another couple where his foot wasn't down in time.

But we saw what happens when the foot is down on time and he stays more controlled and compact. He can drive the ball.