• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/1 Angels @ A's: Ohtani's pitching debut

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

To his credit, he pulled him before it was too late.  I'm okay rolling Parker out with a 4 run lead in the 9th, as long as a contingency plan is in place.  But yeah, after this outing, in conjunction with his ST + previous outing, he's probably ticketed to have some low-leverage work for now until he figures things out.

Yeah, credit to Scioscia for removing him quickly, which often wasn't the case in previous years.

Just now, 101halo said:

I really wish we'd signed Holland. Hard to fault Eppler, though, considering how much we keep being appreciative of him rebuilding the farm. Tough to lose a high pick for a reliever. 

We can get someone cheap once teams start giving up in June/July.  Holland is a guy with decreasing velocity that was going to require a multi year comitment.  It’s fine. 

10 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I wouldn't pitch him except in blowouts, or give him a quick leash in the early innings till he figures it out.  He's been shaky all spring, yet Scioscia makes him the stopper? lol

To be honest, I too think he needs to pitch in as low pressure a situation as possible, but..  I do believe he needs to pitch.   He's not pitching like a guy that can close and he doesn't have the history to get a long leash...   At least not IMO.

12 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Parker probably just lost his closers gig for now. Dude needs to pitch in some low leverage situations until he gets his shit together, if he does. Dude was abysmal in spring and hasn't looked good in his first 2 outings this season

A four run lead is low leverage. 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

We can get someone cheap once teams start giving up in June/July.  Holland is a guy with decreasing velocity that was going to require a multi year comitment.  It’s fine. 

Hadn't noticed he's down to ~93 mph on the fastball. Looks like he's adjusted and gotten better with his slider. Question is whether his 2017 HR/FB is a fluke or not. If it's fluky than the Cards got a great pitcher, if not then you're totally right. 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

To be honest, I too think he needs to pitch in as low pressure a situation as possible, but..  I do believe he needs to pitch.   He's not pitching like a guy that can close and he doesn't have the history to get a long leash...   At least not IMO.

Definitely agree.  Parker is a guy that the Angels need.  Game 4 of the season is not the time to throw the towel in on the guy.  I think you keep running him out there.  Maybe not in a 1 run game in the 8th or 9th right now.  But the Angels need him to be an option in important situations 

If the Angels had a better bullpen, would've been a 4 game sweep.  A major difference maker was the A's defense.  For those who don't believe in the value of defense, Angels probably won the series because of the A's lack of one.  Numerous hits should've been outs that extended key innings for the Angels to add more runs.  Also remember, this is also the A's, they were expected to be bad.  However, it's not easy to win 3 of 4 on the road so hopefully the Angels keep it going.