• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whatever you guys want to say, Trout isn't as fast as he was last year.

I recall last season on ground outs, they would all be close. Now he is a step or two off the bag when thrown out.

He is only 21, I wouldn't think gaining a few pounds would make him slower at his age. He does seem slower than last season.

I think he needs to change his eating habits. I think the wear and tear of the season, you need to eat right to keep your body in peak shape. He is only 21 though, his body should be able to receover quickly from fatigue, bad eating habits, staying out late or boozing it up.  It's hard to reason why he would be slower @ 21 lol. He may be hindered by an injury.

putting on muscle was pretty obviously a conscious choice.  it's impossible not to slow down a bit when you add that much upper body muscle mass.  

i don't blame him, either.  mvp voting takes defense and base stealing into account very little, or he would have won it hands down.  he's already won rookie of the year, and as great as it would be for him to get to 40/40 or other great feats of speed combined with power, the last person to win the mvp posting 40/40-type stats was jose canseco in 1988.  it's all about putting up big offensive numbers for the mvp, which trout would definitely want since he came pretty close already.  

Good post. Based on interviews last offseason Trout was fully expecting to move to left field, and down lower in the batting order into more of an RBI position. Therefore I think he traded off a bit of speed for a bit more weight in the hopes he'd be able to keep his power hitting going through the end of the season. Whether the position and lienujp moves were a prudent decision on the part of management is another topic I'd prefer not re-hash in this thread, but I can see why Trout would make that change.

Hmmm...what else can pick on Trout about today?  I know, he also isn't smiling as much.  Though I have no evidence to support it, I am going to claim he has a drinking problem which why he is putting on weight (I mean, come on, what a fatty) and, because alcohol is a depressant, this is why he's not smiling a much.  See, answered both of those.

Also, he, uh, his uniform isn't as dirty as it was this time last year..this must be a slient protest to not getting more money in the offseason.

It's all coming together.

Hmmmm. . .

Since last year, Trout turned 21; he can now legally drink.

We're paying him $500,000 a year while we're paying Blanton 6.5 million a year.

Mike S. is his manager.

If he's started drinking, I wouldn't blame him.

Seriously, the kid is an elite player and we are lucky to have him.

I think he is.

He just takes these huge natural strides that freaking propel the heck out of him. He doesn't look fast. His feet aren't going up & down a lot. He's simply covering a ton of ground with each stride. 

Watching how quickly the background goes buy is another good indication. He's flying.