• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout and Simmons don't have a hit yet

nate

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

He'll win May Player of the Month, after posting a .378/.491/.978 slash line in like over 100 plate appearances. That comes after a very bad April for Trout.

How many times do you plan to post this?

11 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Maybe Trout is turning into Salmon - start slow, heat up as the weather gets warmer.

I know that was meant to be a joke...:)

Last season in March/April trout's slash line: .364./443/.707/1.151- 7 HR - 18 RBI

Last season in Sept/OCT slash line: .237/.385/.505/.890 - 6 HR - 11 RBI

Going by that he appears to be the opposite of Salmon, starts on fire early and cools down slightly towards the end. He was still good in Sept/Oct but nothing compared to rest of the season.

9 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I think you want me to explain why I think Trout will have a great May this year.

no, i just don't think you need to repeat mulitple times that you think he'll have a lousy april and a great may.

A lot of MLB superstar players have had a bad year in their career where you just can't figure out the reason for is.

Frank Thomas wasn't good by his standards in 1998, McCutchen had a tough year in 2016, Felix Hernandez did poorly by his great standards in 2015 and even Miggy had a bad year last season.

Trout's going to have one of those years where you wonder what happen to his elite hitting skills. He's not always going to be the great player that we have known for so many years, now. It's just a matter of "when", not "if". If he does have a bad year this year, by his standards, by putting up an OPS of about .800, then the Angels will need someone else to step up their game even more. Possibly Upton and he's shown that he can have a great year before in his career.