• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

John Kruk on C.J. Wilson

Ok, so I was watching baseball tonight about a week ago the night C.J. Wilson struck out twelve and we lost to the Astros. I thought I sensed something strange, almost bitter in the way John Kruk criticized Wilson's lack of ability to take charge and be the ace of a staff.  He said that C.J. only had one solid season, and made a couple other comments that I wouldn't necessarily deem inaccurate inasmuch as I'd say that they were unnecessarily harsh and reeked of rancor.  Anyway, I chalked this up to Kruk having a bad day and forgot all about it--that is, until I watched the game last night on ESPN.  Was it just me or was Kruk all over C.J. Wilson the entire game?  He literally didn't say one nice thing about the guy, and mixed in like twenty or thirty negative comments from the first to the seventh inning.  Granted, C.J. Wilson annoys me as much as the next guy.  But what ever happened to objective journalism?  I'm surprised the camera didn't zoom in on Kruk foaming at the mouth the way he was carrying on.    

Because he is paid by ESPN to be controversial. He is fed a telepromter que and says what the producers want him to say and he is happy to cash the paycheck every week. Guys on ESPN that want to have their own opinion end up cut.

Because he is paid by ESPN to be controversial. He is fed a telepromter que and says what the producers want him to say and he is happy to cash the paycheck every week. Guys on ESPN that want to have their own opinion end up cut.

If Orel Hershiser is being paid to be controversial, he isn't doing a very good job.  On the contrary, I think he is incredibly objective, insightful, and an overall pleasure to listen to. 

If Orel Hershiser is being paid to be controversial, he isn't doing a very good job.  On the contrary, I think he is incredibly objective, insightful, and an overall pleasure to listen to.

I thought this was about Kruk.

Every member of the ESPN crew has their role to play. Kruck is a bombastic clown in looks and demeanor, sort of the brash guy at the end of the bar screaming at the tv. Hershiser the studious type that is low key in a Vin Scully way. Don't think for a second Hershiser isn't being prepared for his role as well. 

I thought this was about Kruk.

You see, lifetime, the thing about a good conversation is that it evolves and blossoms into other conversations, ideally encompassing a broad range of topics.  Eric made a comment about ESPN announcers in general, so I made a reply based on that comment.  I don't expect you to understand any of this.   

"Guys on ESPN that want to have their own opinion end up cut."

That's the quote I was responding to.  I cited it.  Note that the first word, guys, is plural.  John Kruk might weigh as much as two people...but he's not two people, nor should he be referred to as such.