• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno Comments

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

His taxes were just cut from 35% to 22%

That isn’t necessarily true.  It only affects either SCorps or CCorps, I don’t remember which one.  It depends on what he has the team classified as.  At least that is my understanding of it, based on the company I work for and how they are classified.  

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That isn’t necessarily true.  It only affects either SCorps or CCorps, I don’t remember which one.  It depends on what he has the team classified as.  At least that is my understanding of it, based on the company I work for and how they are classified.  

I believe it is a Limited Partnership

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

No playoff revenue. I totally understand the subliminal message Arte is trying to convey. He’s paying for big contracts and the potential to make much more money is lagging. The local restaurants also take a hit during October. 

Arte just hit the Ohtani lottery worth millions 

To be fair (and im not trying to defend moreno, just playing devils advocate), im not sure we really know what the team costs are. 

We know what the mlb roster costs. But not really the coaching staff (staff, not scioscia). Then all the clubhouse guys, and clubhouse costs. Then the stadium workers (minimum wage im sure, but theres a ton of them). Then theres the contracts for the food vendors, food, blah blah blah. Unilities, etc etc.

Anyway, we know we get 150 a year for the cable deal (before taxes). And that more or less covers the mlb team payroll. But as far as ticket prices (which youd think would be the most profit), regardless of them saying "3 million fans", its bullshit. The stadium was half full at best during the summer, less in the off months.

Again, i too am sure they made money. But theres going to be money going out in a lot more ways than the mlb roster.

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair (and im not trying to defend moreno, just playing devils advocate), im not sure we really know what the team costs are. 

We know what the mlb roster costs. But not really the coaching staff (staff, not scioscia). Then all the clubhouse guys, and clubhouse costs. Then the stadium workers (minimum wage im sure, but theres a ton of them). Then theres the contracts for the food vendors, food, blah blah blah. Unilities, etc etc.

Anyway, we know we get 150 a year for the cable deal (before taxes). And that more or less covers the mlb team payroll. But as far as ticket prices (which youd think would be the most profit), regardless of them saying "3 million fans", its bullshit. The stadium was half full at best during the summer, less in the off months.

Again, i too am sure they made money. But theres going to be money going out in a lot more ways than the mlb roster.

I doubt they lose anything on operations, even throwing out ticket revenue. 

The real cost for the Angels very well might be revenue sharing.

I will be short with this. So will arte saying today in short words it cost him money the last 2 years to own this team. Fuck that bullshit Arte simple I think you paid 164 million for this team hey pal your team is worth over 3 billion now.... angels fans like myself can’t spend the diamond club money your asking for. And for what a shit ass team that’s in second place with no farm system last 3 years I can’t keep going on but thoughts from u

a line item expense of x amount could cause a loss.  That x could be a salary to Arte.  It could be a payments on a loan to ABC corp.  

The one thing that isn't being accounted for here is the appreciation of franchise value.  He's claiming he's lost money operationally.  That could be true by accounting trickery.  

The real truth is that he paid 180 mil for the team and it's wort h 10 times that 1 years later.  That's a pretty nice ROI.   It's how a lot of teams accommodating a specific window are able to justify increases in payroll. 

This is just another example of why Arte won't go beyond the CBT threshold.  He's already claiming a loss   Money in - Expenses = money in his pocket.  He draws a line and that's it.  

And yet it still didnt stop him from making moves and keeping the budget at similar levels.
Personally id rather focus on the quite where he said he would never tank becasue it isnt fair to the fans, that if it came to that hes get out of it.  
We have a good owner, im not begrudging him making a little as he puts the effort back into the club