• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SpaceX

Lhalo

1 hour ago, Tank said:

That was fun to watch yesterday (the space flight, not the vibrator). It opens up space flight to civilians and the waiting list is already at 600 or so. The cost though is going to be $200k, so that’s going limit greatly who can go.

And it only lasts 4 minutes.  So just like the vibrator.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tank said:

when is the next test flight? or are they jumping right into the first mission?

They are going to stack Starship SN20 on top of Heavy Booster 4 and take a trip around the globe. They’ll probably do a tank (get it) pressure test and then a static fire on both the booster and Starship to make sure all the Raptor engines are working and then it’s go time. SN20 is currently having heat shield tiles installed for it’s future re-entry into the atmosphere. 

E76Nm6kXoAMDXhh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E75CHawWUAQ4npI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E75CIanXoAAGgRt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

57 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Here’s something worth watching @Tank.

started watching, but 53 minutes was too long. the parts i watched were interesting, though. thanks for sharing it. i'm gonna start following this guy on twitter.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

started watching, but 53 minutes was too long. the parts i watched were interesting, though. thanks for sharing it. i'm gonna start following this guy on twitter.

He has a lot of interesting videos that explain how the rockets and mechanical elements work. 

All I can see is points of failure. For mission success every one of those rocket engines must perform at optimum standards. Any one component in each of those engines could fail. So by having so many engines with so many components you increase the possibility of catastrophic failure. I feel like this is a dangerous path to take for lift off boost. 

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

All I can see is points of failure. For mission success every one of those rocket engines must perform at optimum standards. Any one component in each of those engines could fail. So by having so many engines with so many components you increase the possibility of catastrophic failure. I feel like this is a dangerous path to take for lift off boost. 

It also creates redundancy. If 4 or 5 of the rockets fail the rest can pick up the slack. I have a feeling some will fail during the static fire(s) and will be replaced even before launch. 

the look of the Saturn V is one of those perfect images in my mind. wouldn't change a thing about it visually, and all other space vehicles are measured against it. in this case, the Starship doesn't have nearly the same visceral appeal as the Saturn V.