• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FanGraphs - Angels Top 20 Prospects

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Let's move Thaiss to third base. With the way people talk about his bat there will be no shortage of cheap comparable options at first base on the free agent market. At third he at least might fill a position we never seen able to.

Third base is one of those positions that it's really beneficial to have a good defensive option there. I mean you can get away with a passable defensive 3B as long as their offense makes it worth it, and while Thaiss could be that, we don't know for sure yet.

It's probably better for everyone involved if Thaiss remains at 1B. He's going to be a very good major league hitter. Just put him in a spot where we have an opening that he can play and allow his bat to transform the top of our lineup.

Fans are going to enjoy having a .370 OBP in front of Trout.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:23 AM, Chuckster70 said:

I think Fangraphs should stick to stats and graphs, not player comparisons. 

No shit. Three of those four have comps that are, or probably will be, in the HOF? Come on........................

Maybe not Cutch right now, but he could still make a run at the Hall. He has averaged 5.0 WAR over his eight seasons, though he has slowed considerably. But he is still capable of a 4 WAR season, if healthy.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:23 AM, Chuckster70 said:

I think Fangraphs should stick to stats and graphs, not player comparisons. 

No shit. Three of those four have comps that are, or probably will be, in the HOF? Come on........................

Maybe not Cutch right now, but he could still make a run at the Hall. He has averaged 5.0 WAR over his eight seasons, though he has slowed considerably. But he is still capable of a 4 WAR season, if healthy.

2 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Third base is one of those positions that it's really beneficial to have a good defensive option there. I mean you can get away with a passable defensive 3B as long as their offense makes it worth it, and while Thaiss could be that, we don't know for sure yet.

It's probably better for everyone involved if Thaiss remains at 1B. He's going to be a very good major league hitter. Just put him in a spot where we have an opening that he can play and allow his bat to transform the top of our lineup.

Fans are going to enjoy having a .370 OBP in front of Trout.

Think of it this way... would you rather have:

Y. Escobar 3B
M. Thaiss 1B

or

M. Thaiss 3B
L. Morrison / CJ Cron / etc

On 1/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Let's move Thaiss to third base. With the way people talk about his bat there will be no shortage of cheap comparable options at first base on the free agent market. At third he at least might fill a position we never seen able to.

I call it the curse of Swatty McBigBat Dallas McPherson.