• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Vladimir Guerrero - Hall of Fame thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Take it away Daniel Bryan.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! 

My eight year-old #27 Guerrero jersey and I will be in Cooperstown about 6 months from now!  

First ever Halos player inducted, and my first ever trip to Cooperstown!

I hope you booked a hotel room already. I just tried and was told that every hotel within 100 miles is sold out. All of Vlad's kids want to be there, so MLB put a hold on every room possible.

2 hours ago, nate said:

So awesome!  It has been a great off season for the Angels.

Yep, good call.

Im late to this news, couldnt be happier. My favorite all time angel is the first in the hall....couldnt think of a better guy to represent this team. (You can argue others, but none id think would be better, just equal deserving).

Its almost symbolic. 2002 made us legit. 2004 and the next several years made us a force. It was literally like a reset of the franchise. Only right that the face of that era is the first guy in!

Not to be a downer, but blarg mentioned last night how dumb we were to let vlad leave and go to texas (agreed). The added shit move is passing on his kid for baldoquin....would have been amazing to have vlad jr ready to go at 3B, the same year vlad sr makes the hall.

Maybe wishful thinking, but maybe the hype and hoopla surrounding this makes arte say "f*ck it, its worth it" and inks the trout extension.

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

My eight year-old #27 Guerrero jersey and I will be in Cooperstown about 6 months from now!  

First ever Halos player inducted, and my first ever trip to Cooperstown!

i have an education conference in chicago beginning august 6. trying to figure out a way to go back early and be there for the induction myself. first round is on you, buddy.

6 hours ago, zenmaster said:

Awesome news!

So how long til we retire his # and tell the possible greatest player ever that he has to switch numbers? lol Or will he wear it his whole career and we can retire it twice?

I think they retire it twice. Weird that they gave him #27 in 2011, just two years post Vlad. 

I also looked and no one had #23 the number he was wearing with the Travelers at the time he was called up. 

He'd also previously worn #20 and #15, but no one has worn #15 since Salmon retired

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

it's way past time for the angels to retire #15.

I agree. It is unofficial for sure right now. I also think they should retire Chuck Finley's #31 and Of course Adenhart's #34 may also be unofficially retired now.