• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Stadium to have full protective netting behind dugouts

Chuck

23 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Because people dodged the ball?

or the ball barely missed them by hitting a railing, a seat or it was deflected by another fan. 

Maybe prior to every game fans of all ages should be required to sit in a chair inside a batting cage for 3 hours with loud noise, hot dogs, beach balls, soft drinks and yelling vendors while a 100+ mph pitching machine randomly launches balls at them for training purposes only. It would enhance safety awareness. 

Edited by Calzone 2

7 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

or the ball barely missed them by hitting a railing, a seat or it was deflected by another fan. 

Maybe prior to every game fans of all ages should be required to sit in a chair inside a batting cage for 3 hours with loud noise, hot dogs, beach balls, soft drinks and yelling vendors while a 100+ mph pitching machine randomly launches balls at them for training purposes only. It would enhance safety awareness. 

Or maybe they should just realize there are risks involved with going to a ballgame. You know, like everywhere else.

To quote the great philosopher Lloyd Christmas: "Statistically they say you're more likely to get killed on the way to the airport."

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

No. It's only netted behind the goals.

And those nets were added as the NHL fan safety policy’s evolved. I had Kings season tickets at the Forum years ago and there were no nets behind the goals. They had a plexiglass extension above the boards but it still wasn’t enough to deter pucks from getting in to the stands at a high rate of speed. 

7 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

And those nets were added as the NHL fan safety policy’s evolved. I had Kings season tickets at the Forum years ago and there were no nets behind the goals. They had a plexiglass extension above the boards but it still wasn’t enough to deter pucks from getting in to the stands at a high rate of speed. 

Yes I know.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

I saw a kid get his foot caught in the escalator at the stadium about 5 years ago. It turned a full 180 degrees and I'm positive his ankle snapped. Last home stand I noticed the escalators were still in place carrying people to and from the top levels.

lol at poor people

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Because people dodged the ball?

Ok so you Dodge the ball and it hits the person behind you because they couldn’t see the ball because you were in the way.  It’s cool because well you dodged the ball and basically fuck the guy behind you, he bought a ticket he knew his life could end.  Seems like a very reasonable opinion.  

What's there been like 3 deaths due to a foul ball in the history of the MLB? It's ridiculous and nobody really cared about this a couple seasons ago. It's all about mitigating financial liability because of our ever increasing litigious society. You can wax poetic about saving the childrens from the evil foul ball but in reality it's not a "safety" issue, it's a money issue. Quit degrading the experience of going to a game because 1 of 1,000,000 people get hit with a ball. Those pics of the ballparks in Japan look like shit btw. 

Changes to make the ball park safer.

Stop selling alcohol, as that slows down reaction times.

Trade cell phones in for fielder's gloves.

Configure the seats so they all face directly towards home plate.

No consumption of food of drink in the seating area 

Rows are assigned by height, short folks in front, tall folks in back.

No walking in the aisles will the ball is in play.

26 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

What's there been like 3 deaths due to a foul ball in the history of the MLB? It's ridiculous and nobody really cared about this a couple seasons ago. It's all about mitigating financial liability because of our ever increasing litigious society. You can wax poetic about saving the childrens from the evil foul ball but in reality it's not a "safety" issue, it's a money issue. Quit degrading the experience of going to a game because 1 of 1,000,000 people get hit with a ball. Those pics of the ballparks in Japan look like shit btw. 

But if by chance you attend a game with your child (not sure if you have any) or your spouse (again not sure if you have one) and God forbid that person is struck and killed by a foul ball, I’m pretty confident that you would most likely enter litigation immediately. I don’t think anyone in their right mind walks away from something like that with “Too bad, so sad” but it’s completely our fault for not paying attention.

Edited by Calzone 2

50 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok so you Dodge the ball and it hits the person behind you because they couldn’t see the ball because you were in the way.  It’s cool because well you dodged the ball and basically F*ck the guy behind you, he bought a ticket he knew his life could end.  Seems like a very reasonable opinion.  

Exactly this. I sat in the first row down the left field line. A line drive was hit towards us. The guy next to me has his mitt in perfect position to catch the ball and some stupid idiot from the second row reaches over and tries to catch the ball with his baseball cap. It deflects off his cap and hit a kid 5 seats over. He got a fat lip but nothing serious. The guy next to me got into a shouting match with the cap idiot. 

41 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Changes to make the ball park safer.

Stop selling alcohol, as that slows down reaction times.

Trade cell phones in for fielder's gloves.

Configure the seats so they all face directly towards home plate.

No consumption of food of drink in the seating area 

Rows are assigned by height, short folks in front, tall folks in back.

No walking in the aisles will the ball is in play.

or just put up a net and 99% of the people behind it won't give a shit that it's there.  

37 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

But if by chance you attend a game with your child (not sure if you have any) or your spouse (again not sure if you have one) and God forbid that person is struck and killed by a foul ball, I’m pretty confident that you would most likely enter litigation immediately. I don’t think anyone in their right mind walks away from something like that with “Too bad, so sad” but it’s completely our fault for not paying attention.

I have kids and I wouldn't sit with them down the baselines.

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

If my kid got killed by a foul ball at a baseball game suing the team would be the furthest thing from my mind but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

Japanese Baseball takes fan safety pretty serious.

https://youtu.be/ZyidtI-uNXw

I wish our seats all pointed toward home for selfish reasons.  After 4 neck surgeries and a 5th incoming, sitting with my head turned for 9 innings basically sucks.

And good luck putting a helmet and glove at each seat.  Half would disappear after the first game in the US.

I've been to a couple games in Japan.  Such a different experience.