• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad wants to go into the HOF as an Expo (False)

HaloCory22

4 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

I have always wanted to go to Cooperstown for the induction ceremonies. Valdy going in as an Angel will definitely make that happen.

That’s pretty great.  I could see myself going for Trout but that’s about it. Now if I lived where you live I think I’d go for any Angel. 

14 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

But the hall is there to honor the person, not the team. Right?

It is but whatever hat that's chosen is what team is represented for said HOF player in Cooperstown.

Would be pretty cool to see a HOF there sporting an Angels hat. 

I think he'll go in as an Expo and I think that's what he will request to go in as. It's the team that signed him and gave him his chance to live out his dream. He also had his best numbers in that uniform. He did win his MVP in Anaheim and saw his most exposure/team success there as well, but the HOF is for individual production

30 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I think he'll go in as an Expo and I think that's what he will request to go in as. It's the team that signed him and gave him his chance to live out his dream. He also had his best numbers in that uniform. He did win his MVP in Anaheim and saw his most exposure/team success there as well, but the HOF is for individual production

When he shows up in Cooperstown wearing his Orioles cap we can all start hating on him. :)

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

It would be fitting to have Scioscia be the first Angel inducted into the hall of fame, since most of the die hard fans despise him.  

Bob would go to Cooperstown to protest outside of the Hall.

17 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I really don't know why anybody cares what hat he wears.  He is a HOF.  He was a great Angel.  It doesn't bother me one bit if the plaque shows an expo logo.

It doesn't bother you that the Halos have ZERO hat representation after 57 seasons?    When the other teams (Rays, Fish, Rockies) without that same representation have played far fewer seasons than the Halos? 

14 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

Gary Carter...........

''I'm very torn between both cities, primarily because I played 11 years in Montreal but I played 5 glorious years in New York,'' Carter said last night. ''I can't forget about that, the 1986 championship team.''

Carter would not divulge which team he told the Hall of Fame he wanted to represent, but he told The Journal News of Westchester last week that he considered himself a Met.

''If the Expos are no longer in existence, how is that going to be beneficial to me and my family when we have an opportunity to be part of a family that will be around a long time?'' Carter said last night. ''Everybody knows my feelings. But it wasn't up to me.''

Eleven seasons vs five seasons (Carter) though is a lot different from 7 seasons vs 6 seasons (Vlad).    Very little difference, and although his best numbers were in Montreal, he never, eeever won an MVP there.

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Eleven seasons vs five seasons (Carter) though is a lot different from 7 seasons vs 6 seasons (Vlad).    Very little difference, and although his best numbers were in Montreal, he never, eeever won an MVP there.

In all fairness to Vlad it was pretty tough to win a NL MVP award during that questionable timeframe.

44F1EC63-4BEA-44AE-A4CF-0CE5F5347E90.jpeg

Vlad won an MVP award with the Angels and got more recognition from MVP voters during his seasons here than with Montreal.  That said his best statistical seasons and his per game stats except RBI were all better during his time in Montreal.  From a statistical standpoint I think Montreal makes the stronger case.  Of course it would be cool to see him go in as an Angel but I never really think about guys in any HOF as far as what jersey or hat they're wearing.

The Halos probably should have a cap in there but they got screwed back when players decided.  That said them having zero caps in there to me isn't a reason to give more weight to Vlad going in as an Angel.  If the HOF decides he should go in based on what he accomplished with the Angels then great and if not I won't lose any sleep over it.  

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Normally I wouldn't care either, but the Halos have ZERO representation.

This.  Weve been screwed over in the past (Ryan) when guys should have worn Halo caps, and other cases where guys arent there that should be (Baylor).  Its a given that Pujols will go in a Card if he goes, and i can literally see both sides in the Vlad argument.  But in a situation like this, its hard not to feel a little slighted.  
I personally dont think consideration will be given to the Halos at all in Vlads case unless he himself forces it.  

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

It doesn't bother you that the Halos have ZERO hat representation after 57 seasons?    When the other teams (Rays, Fish, Rockies) without that same representation have played far fewer seasons than the Halos? 

No it doesn't bother me that the HOF has no Angels.

It bothers me that the Angels have to HOFers.

It's not about the HOF.  It's about this Angels.

The answer is for the Angels to produce better players, not force an Angel hat on to a player going into the HOF to check off a box.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Normally I wouldn't care either, but the Halos have ZERO representation.

If the HOF stated purpose was to feature the best players in history from each team, then there is something to fix.  But that's not what the HOF is.  It's the best players in baseball history regardless of team.

No Angel hat yet?  Dont force it.  There is nothing to fix.  Yeah I notice it but history is history.  

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No it doesn't bother me that the HOF has no Angels.

It bothers me that the Angels have to HOFers.

It's not about the HOF.  It's about this Angels.

The answer is for the Angels to produce better players, not force an Angel hat on to a player going into the HOF to check off a box.

I do agree about this.    At least Eppler is addressing a long time bugaboo going back a decade with this org (player development and building the farm).

• Chuck locked this topic