• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad wants to go into the HOF as an Expo (False)

HaloCory22

This should be a great thread.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1472108

Guerrero's agent, Jesse Guerrero, said that while there's been speculation that the former slugger would go in as a member of the Anaheim Angels (now theLos Angeles Angels), Vladimir would prefer to enter as a member of the Expos - a team he spent eight seasons with.

I cant help but notice he didnt deny the context of the message and said only that everyone would know if he was so enshrined.   all the MLB media about him has been Expos centric.  It seems pretty clear what literally everyone not an angel fan wants. 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Looks like everyday is Blue Monday for Expos fans.

Expos already have 3 hall of famer’s even though they only existed for 35 seasons. Does Vlad actually have a choice in the matter? I thought that the committee was in charge of that decision. Anyway Vlad in the hall is well deserved no matter what hat he’s wearing. Not to worry, even Susan Lucci finally won a Daytime Emmy.

6 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Expos already have 3 hall of famer’s even though they only existed for 35 seasons. Does Vlad actually have a choice in the matter? I thought that the committee was in charge of that decision. Anyway Vlad in the hall is well deserved no matter what hat he’s wearing. Not to worry, even Susan Lucci finally won a Daytime Emmy.

IIRC he gets an opinion on the matter and it's taken into consideration but the final determination will be with the HOF. 

7 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

But Arnold Palmer never won the PGA tourney.

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

IIRC he gets an opinion on the matter and it's taken into consideration but the final determination will be with the HOF. 

Gary Carter preferred to be inducted as a Met but he went in as an Expo. Who’s to say what Vlad’s opinion really is. The Expos gave him the opportunity of his life. I’m sure he has fond memories of when he was a 5 tool player wearing the rouge blanc bleu. Besides that I think the Expos hat is pretty iconic.

6F8EB76C-38BB-4039-8E65-7C4B692F35FE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I really don't know why anybody cares what hat he wears.  He is a HOF.  He was a great Angel.  It doesn't bother me one bit if the plaque shows an expo logo.

It’s true. It really makes no difference. 99.99 percent of baseball fans will never even see the plaque. 

And I believe they announce it within a couple weeks. 

9 minutes ago, ScottT said:

It doesn't matter what Vladimir Guerrero wants, does it?

Gary Carter...........

''I'm very torn between both cities, primarily because I played 11 years in Montreal but I played 5 glorious years in New York,'' Carter said last night. ''I can't forget about that, the 1986 championship team.''

Carter would not divulge which team he told the Hall of Fame he wanted to represent, but he told The Journal News of Westchester last week that he considered himself a Met.

''If the Expos are no longer in existence, how is that going to be beneficial to me and my family when we have an opportunity to be part of a family that will be around a long time?'' Carter said last night. ''Everybody knows my feelings. But it wasn't up to me.''

This could go either way but I'm thinking VLAD and Halos fans will be celebrating tomorrow.

Montreal will be celebrating as well, but I think VLAD goes in as the first HOF'er to wear a HALOS cap.

HOF Committee, MLB and just common sense dictates that Halos get their first hat in the HOF over a defunct club from a city with minimal to no hope of getting another MLB team (at least any time soon -- the Montreal mayor who was sort of leading the Montreal back in MLB charge and offering city's help to build a ballpark - well, he got shut out at the polls).

Meanwhile, HOF really needs to make up for the Nolan Ryan call -- Nolan Ryan statute should be wearing a Halos cap in the Hall.

10 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

False.

Yes, the claim is false, but it still could end up being true.

Statistically, he  was probably  better as an Expo and he played a few hundred more games as an Expo.

Angels may  be boned again on the HOF. They are, by far, the oldest existing team without a HOF player. Seattle was the second oldest but Griffey is in and Ichiro will also certainly go. The Rangers were the third oldest, depending on whether you count their existence as the Senators, but Pudge got in last year.

Of the four other teams that have no HOF members, they were all started as franchises in the 90s or later. The Angels are from '61 and counting. It will certainly be AT LEAST 70 years in existence before the Angels get a HOF player.

And that assumes Trout goes in as an Angel;  something that is no guarantee. I'd have to say Pujols will definitely go in as a Cardinal.

Pretty amazing, really. Gotta be some kind of record. Not sure if the St. Louis Browns/Baltimore Orioles went longer. Free agency has made it tougher to keep a good player, longer. The importance of being associated with a certain team is minimized.