• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Winter Meetings thread

Ohtaniland

12 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

That’s what I was thinking.  Living in N. Texas this could really piss me off hahaha

Same here in South Texas haha. Except Houston seems to be gaining bandwagon fans like mad this way.

I'm just ready for the wheels to fall off the Rangers cart for awhile and have them be a shitty team for a couple years again, where any road trip there becomes a fairly easy way to jumpstart the Halos offense.

Just now, totdprods said:

Same here in South Texas haha. Except Houston seems to be gaining bandwagon fans like mad this way.

I'm just ready for the wheels to fall off the Rangers cart for awhile and have them be a shitty team for a couple years again, where any road trip there becomes a fairly easy way to jumpstart the Halos offense.

We moved here 10yrs ago just in time for them to get good.  Felt like it was me against the world for awhile.

25 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Grab Kinsler and keep an open mind with him playing 3rd or 2nd moving forward.

If we have a better opportunity to grab a 2nd basemen after move Kinsler to 3rd vice versa.

I'd be fine with Kinsler, although I'm hoping we can secure a more long-term asset at 2B.  I know Kinsler is not liked here, but he'd be a gigantic improvement over the production we got out of 2B last year.

26 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Also, wtf.

Confirming @Sullivan_Ranger report on #Rangers' interest in Zack Greinke. The Rangers would need the deal with Arizona to include Shin-Soo Choo and the $63 million he's owed the next three seasons to offset the $138.5 million owed to Greinke the next four.

I find it incredibly hard to believe the D-Backs would be willing to move a 6.3 fWAR player for a 1.1 fWAR player -- particularly since Choo cannot play defense to save his balls anymore...  Mike Hazen is a  pretty devout follower of advance metrics -- this seems more like wishful thinking on the part of a Ranger's beat writer  than anything real...   Just can't see a smart GM making a move like this..

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I find it incredibly hard to believe the D-Backs would be willing to move a 6.3 fWAR player for a 1.1 fWAR player -- particularly since Choo cannot play defense to save his balls anymore...  Mike Hazen is a  pretty devout follower of advance metrics -- this seems more like wishful thinking on the part of a Ranger's beat writer  than anything real...   Just can't see a smart GM making a move like this..

Seems like there are some details missing here.  The DBacks' FO is incredibly savvy.  I think it's very shrewd of them to try to "sell high" on Greinke after a strong rebound season, but taking on Choo .. doesn't seem correct.  Maybe some prospects are heading to Arizona in that proposed exchange, who knows.

9 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Are people still butthurt over the "get off our field" thing?  lol what is this kindergarten.

Seriously, get over it people.  He's a good player and would help this team tremendously.

Agree.  Kinsler's a good 2B still.  If Detroit is willing to dump him for salary relief, then I'll gladly take him on if we can't get Cesar Hernandez at a reasonable price.  He'd fit nicely as our leadoff hitter.

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

Are people still butthurt over the "get off our field" thing?  lol what is this kindergarten.

Seriously, get over it people.  He's a good player and would help this team tremendously.

It’s not just that comment. His overall demeanor is obnoxious from what I’ve seen and heard. Yeah he’s still a decent player, but there are other possibilities out there imo. Pierzynski was a very good player for a long time as well. Glad he never wore an Angels uniform. 

54 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Just throwing this out there.......What if we were to trade for Grienke and get back one of their Infielders?  Arizona wants to trade money for run at JD Martinez. Richards contract is up after this season. Gives Angels some stability in the rotation for the near term.  

Good idea. 

8 hours ago, floplag said:

so im not missing anything other than hes a name and better than what we got last year. gotcha.  
I keep coming back to "would Cozart like to play 2B" myself, but theres no indication he would that ive read outside this board

go look at his peripherals from last year, he had a down year, but it seemed to be flukey. if he rebounds to what he's been doing, then he's a tremendous upgrade on a nothing contract at a supposedly low trade cost. i think those are the selling points.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Greinke is entering his age 34 season and owed about 140mil over the next 4 years.  Trading for him would be retarded.  

jesus christ, they owe him 34, 34.5, 35, and 35 over his 35-38 seasons. wholly shit.

CONTRACT:6 yr(s) / $206,500,000 SIGNING BONUS:$18,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY:$34,416,667 FREE AGENT:2022 / UFA
YEAR   AGE STATUS BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS TOTAL SALARY ADJUSTED SALARY
2016 Contract details by year 33   $31,000,000 $3,000,000 $34,000,000 $34,000,000
2017 Contract details by year 34   $31,000,000 $3,000,000 $34,000,000 $34,000,000
2018 Contract details by year 35   $31,000,000 $3,000,000 $34,000,000 $34,000,000
2019 Contract details by year 36   $31,500,000 $3,000,000 $34,500,000 $34,500,000
2020 Contract details by year 37   $32,000,000 $3,000,000 $35,000,000 $35,000,000
2021 Contract details by year 38   $32,000,000 $3,000,000 $35,000,000 $35,000,000
2022 Free Agent Year 39 UFA

I'm one of the guiltiest when it comes to pitching trade ideas that are pie in the sky or push the borders of reason when it comes to large contracts or vet players, but no way in hell would I want or could see a path for Greinke. It would take the inclusion of Pollock or Lamb or something totally off base.