• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time for sick lineups

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think Hernandez has become more likely, and if not him than Walker or some other above average second baseman.

Not sure about 3B, but if they skimp on 2B then they'll get Moustakas or someone else. 

I would like an upgrade at both, but I tend to think 2B is the only upgrade we will see.

The reality is this...Cron's days are numbered.  We have Pujos at 1B/DH and Otanhi at DH/SP.  So do we want to see Valbuena at 3b full time with an occassional start by CJ at 1B or do we want to see a legit 3Bman for the next five years and Valbuena spot starts at 1B and 3B?

2 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

Moustakas 4/60 just works with the Maitan timeline, dont you think?  It also gives us a LH power bat and solid def at 3B.  Trade for Hernandez and or sign Walker for 2B.

Moose is an option, but we do have Valbuena.  I know he is not as exciting, but we do have him signed for the year, and 1B no longer an option.

In a dream world, Albert magically vanishes, we sign Santana at 1B, and have Valbuena shift to third.  But can’t have everything, I suppose, haha.

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think Hernandez has become more likely, and if not him than Walker or some other above average second baseman.

Not sure about 3B, but if they skimp on 2B then they'll get Moustakas or someone else. 

In all honesty, as neutral on moustakas as i am, if we get him for a fair price, and add hernandez (which is totally doable, we have some trade depth), this team is instantly a force. Not big splash moves at all, but almost like adding the finishing touches to a recipe.

9 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Moose is an option, but we do have Valbuena.  I know he is not as exciting, but we do have him signed for the year, and 1B no longer an option.

In a dream world, Albert magically vanishes, we sign Santana at 1B, and have Valbuena shift to third.  But can’t have everything, I suppose, haha.

I'm not sold on Valbuena as an everyday player....

Valbuena is the Pujols train wreck back up at 1B

4 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

I'm not sold on Valbuena as an everyday player....

Valbuena is the Pujols train wreck back up at 1B

I agree with you, but we do have him.  If we can get Moose at a “discount” (4/60), might be worthwhile.  I am okay sacrificing the 2nd round pick now, as we have essentially acquired two top picks in the span of a few days.

That said, is Moose worth the marginal upgrade, or should we instead go after a top starter?  Putting Darvish in the rotation with Richards and Ohtani at the top would be a pretty amazing move, although I am fairly reluctant to commit to a long-term deal to a pitcher on the wrong side of 30.

Just now, Warfarin said:

I agree with you, but we do have him.  If we can get Moose at a “discount” (4/60), might be worthwhile.  I am okay sacrificing the 2nd round pick now, as we have essentially acquired two top picks in the span of a few days.

That said, is Moose worth the marginal upgrade, or should we instead go after a top starter?  Putting Darvish in the rotation with Richards and Ohtani at the top would be a pretty amazing move, although I am fairly reluctant to commit to a long-term deal to a pitcher on the wrong side of 30.

This allows us to move someone like Skaggs for Hernandez. 

Ohtani will pitch one day, DH three days and do play by play the other two days each week.  In the off-season, he'll be the front man for his own rock 'n roll band, be a spokesman for a national charity and enter the NASA space program to train as an astronaut for when he retires from baseball.

5 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

This allows us to move someone like Skaggs for Hernandez. 

Absolutely.  Skaggs, Thasis, and filler?  Something like that.

Darvish, Richards, Ohtani, Shoemaker, Heaney, Tropeano, Bridwell, Ramirez, Barrios.  Pretty legitimate depth with aces at the top.  

Go for it Arte and Billy!

26 minutes ago, TooCool said:

What are the odds that Yu Darvish will randomly sign with us with a big pay cut just because?

Probably doubtful now.  Part of Ohtani's rumored reasons was he didn't want a Japanese presence on the team.  So getting Darvish, even though Ohtani idolizes him, would be contrary to what he wants. 

Also, one of the things the Angels offered that other teams didn't offer was play time every day.  So don't expect days off before/after starts.