• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Pursuing Ohtani

totdprods

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Obviously would be nice if the Angels get him but it would be cooler if he signs with the Padres. Would be a nice change to see a team like that land a player of that caliber

F, cooler...   The only cool thing about him signing with the Padres is it would mean nobody else in the AL West got him either...  

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why would you think that? 

No

Because the DH spot will be used for Albert and Ohtani.  On the days Ohtani DHs Albert plays first base.  Santana only plays first base these days.  Obviously he could DH, but I highly doubt this is the year the Angels will decide to platoon Albert.  If they did decide to sit him a lot I highly doubt they would pay for a guy like Santana to do that.  My guess is they want to give Albert a surgery free off season to see if he can get into shape and improve his numbers.

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

I'd like this as well except no to Morrison and yes to Santana

I'd be more interested in getting a cheap leadoff hitter if it means we get someone like Mous or Frazier.

Ohtani is the key to making this a dream offseason. Ohtani + Cobb/Lynn would really fortify our starting pitching. This is the key to turning our 2018 around. I want Richards to be our 2-3rd best pitcher with the upside to be an ace.

Ohtani

Richards

Lynn

Skaggs

Heaney/Shoe/Bridwell

Gordon/Hernandez/Cozart

Trout

Upton

Mous/Frazier

Pujols/Cron/Valbuena

Ohtani/Cron/Valbuena

Calhoun

Simmons

Maldonado

Just now, Blarg said:

It's seems 2nd base is never part of the equation in all of the off season talk. It is the one position they really do not have anyone to play and yet talk keeps revolving around first and third.

If they don't trade for Hernandez or someone like Merrifield I think they wait it out and sign a low end FA to a 1 year deal and try again next year.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

It's seems 2nd base is never part of the equation in all of the off season talk. It is the one position they really do not have anyone to play and yet talk keeps revolving around first and third.

Because we’ve been linked to Santana and Moustakas reportedly wants to be here.  

Plus there’s even a thread on Hernandez and we’ve talked on here about Gordon.  

In this thread we are talking about Ohtani, which if he’s signed the consensus is it would have an effect on first base.  

51 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I really don't understand why he's considering the Rangers. Seems like he'd want to choose a pitching-friendly environment to maximize his pitching performances, so when, or if, he becomes a FA his stats back up his asking price. Plus, eff the summer heat in Dallas. 

I'd think a club need only show the August weather forecast and park effects chart - pitching on a 100 degree day with 100% humidity for a guy who played in a dome in a city with an average temp of 72 degrees should do him in.  

And yes, it's an extreme pitchers park - only Coors is worse.  Really seems the worst possible place for him  to pitch, absent the money.  

Then again, I'd have thought AT&T would be a bad place to pitch - once the sun goes down, it's like a mausoleum  - but guess it's easier to keep warm in a cold place than cooling down in a place where the field temps are like 110 ...

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

We honestly don’t know what the Angels are up to. Nobody does, and that’s what makes it so intriguing. Eppler keeps everything quiet, and the only thing we know is that we are in on Ohtani. Once we know what happens there the dominos will start falling... 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not everything happens in the order of necessity. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think Eppy is going to continue looking at trades for Hernandez and Gordon and if it's not going to happen he'll turn to free agency in Cozart or Walker.

I really hope we call the Phillies bluff. Sounds like their price point is through the roof. Once they realize all the options we have for second. The Phillies will realize we don’t “need him” and they will lower their price point. Even tho we all know we “want him.” 

Perosnally hes the guy I want most this year other then Ohtani. He fits the two biggest needs in one. Heck even three. 

Hits from the left side (switch), lead off guy, and second base. And yes, I know all of these things are well known. I’m excited for the next coming weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Zardawg16 said:

really hope we call the Phillies bluff. Sounds like their price point is through the roof. Once they realize all the options we have for second. The Phillies will realize we don’t “need him” and they will lower their price point. Even tho we all know we “want him.” 

Angels have huge hole at 2B, Phillies know that so have little incentive to not want the moon and stars.

29 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

My guess....

If they sign Ohtani, they will sign a 3B (Moustakas seems to be the only fit), if they don't, they will sign a 1B.

Upton
Ohtani
Moustakas
New 2B

That would be one hell of an off-season for the Angels.  Though, I wouldn't mind them signing Chatwood for the rotation on top of that.

4 minutes ago, ksangel said:

Angels have huge hole at 2B, Phillies know that so have little incentive to not want the moon and stars.

The Phillies also know the Angels have numerous other options for 2B (good ones too).  Also, the market for 2B is weak this off-season, so there aren't other teams lining up to ask for Hernandez.  The Angels actually have the upper hand here.

A month or so ago, @Jeff Fletcher posted links to several articles that implied that the Hernandez asking price won't be as high as some think.

6 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Upton
Ohtani
Moustakas
New 2B

That would be one hell of an off-season for the Angels.  Though, I wouldn't mind them signing Chatwood for the rotation on top of that.

Just think Upton, and Maitan on top of that. Hopefully our Bullpen will hold up again this year. Either Billy got really lucky last year, or he has a real eye for bullpen pieces. If it is the ladder he really is one of the best GM’s in the game.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I'm not as high on Cesar as most. He checks all the boxes but sacrificing an MLB starter is tough given our needs there. We'd have to bring in Ohtani or one other fairly MLB-tested arm, but if we did, I'd happily make that deal. 

I'd find the following acceptable:  Angels sign Ohtani, trade Skaggs for Hernandez, sign Chatwood for the rotation.