• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First Person with Angels Uniform in the Hall of Fame.

WBaxterDTM

Who will be the first person inducted in the Hall of Fame with an Angels Uniform?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first person inducted in the Hall of Fame with an Angels Uniform?

• Gene Autry, Owner.
    • Mike Scioscia, Manager.
    • Vladimir Guerrero (Peak years with Expos).
    • Albert Pujols (Peak years with Cardinals).
    • Mike Trout (a little early to tell yet).

Just now, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angels could have hired the ball boy to manage the team. He could have got the same results Scioscia got and save the team about 5 million a year. Zero postseason wins since 2009.

And Chuck could hire a bot to give the same repetitive insight as you.  

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

I think Vlad ends up wearing an Expos hat which leaves Scioscia as the lone representative. 

That is unless Fregosi or Grich gets a nod from the old timers committee.

I'm afraid Vlad goes in as an Expo..that's where he made his name.

I think a case can be made for Grich. Personally I'd love to see him get in.

Fregosi was great but got injured and is way under appreciated, so I don't see him getting in.

7 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angel player's tuned Scioscia out, what other reason could  it have been. 

Good call. Especially based on the stellar rennaissance all the dudes from that bullpen had after they left.

The good news was, the following offseason, dipoto recognized we had to replace haren and santana, and the bullpen was dogshit, so he went out and...

la-sp-0815-angels-yankees-20130815-001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 10:01 AM, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Could you imagine the criteria for a manager to get into the Hall of Fame is winning one World Series. There  would be a lot managers in the Hall of Fame. I doubt Scioscia  gets in with his weak resume.

He has led The Halos to more Post Seasons than any of the other Angels Manager. Basically, Mike may be the best thing that has happened to the franchise.

Got to be Vlad. He never made the playoffs with the Expos, and was in the playoffs every year with the Angels except one, when they missed it by one or two games. If he had played one more season in Anaheim, it wouldn't be a debatable call.

On 11/30/2017 at 4:24 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Good call. Especially based on the stellar rennaissance all the dudes from that bullpen had after they left.

The good news was, the following offseason, dipoto recognized we had to replace haren and santana, and the bullpen was dogshit, so he went out and...

la-sp-0815-angels-yankees-20130815-001.jpg

This photo!!!! Look at the faces on those guys! There isn't a single smile or look of excitement of being here in the group!

Blantana - Shocked

Hunter - Lost - The future told this story - Sad.

Burnett - Bored

Madson - Indifferent