• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First Person with Angels Uniform in the Hall of Fame.

WBaxterDTM

Who will be the first person inducted in the Hall of Fame with an Angels Uniform?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first person inducted in the Hall of Fame with an Angels Uniform?

• Gene Autry, Owner.
    • Mike Scioscia, Manager.
    • Vladimir Guerrero (Peak years with Expos).
    • Albert Pujols (Peak years with Cardinals).
    • Mike Trout (a little early to tell yet).

28 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Those 21 postseason wins under Scioscia are unbelievable in his managing career.  The Cubs won 26 postseason games in the last 3 years. 

If Scioscia does make the HOF with his pathetic .438 winning pct in the postseason.  It will be the lowest postseason winning pct in modern history for a HOF manager.

He's just so deserving isnt he?

Here is some food for thought for you clowns saying Scioscia's post season record is so terrible. 

Every team but one, the 2008 Red Sox, went on to the world series after eliminating the Angels. Three of those five teams swept the opponent in the World Series. Only the 2009 Yankees required more than four games to bring home the trophy. Even the 2008 Red Sox took the Rays to game 7 before bowing out. The Rays were the only AL team not to win the World Series for the American League in those years. 

So it's not like the Angels were beaten by shit poser teams in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

Wins?  Isnt that like judging how good a hitter is based on his rbi total? 

I already said longevity is the only thing going for him.  He should have been fired after the 2012 disaster, but since he has a 10 year deal and literally the dumbest owner in baseball, he's managed to stick around longer, thus getting more wins.  

Hey dumbass.....isn't the name of the game winning?

Oh that's right I am sure your team would rather have the best ops+ in the league instead of the best record in the league.

Thanks for proving your a loser!

2 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

If Scioscia does make the HOF with his pathetic .438 winning pct in the postseason.  It will be the lowest postseason winning pct in modern history for a HOF manager.

He's just so deserving isnt he?

Be ready for it.  He will make the hof and tour going to eat sh+t!

If Mike Scioscia manages 5 more years he would need to win 330 games to reach 1900 and 430 to reach 2000.  The only manager not to make the HOF with 1900 wins is Gene Mauxh who never made it to the World Series let alone win one.  Every manager to win 2000 games is in the HOF.  Sosh has a 538 winning percentage.  Unless mistaken every manager who has won 1500+ games and has a 538 winning percentage has made the HOF

(Baseball Reference has Sosh  with 1570 wins.  Baseball Reference has him with 1331)

3 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I already said longevity is the only thing going for him.  He should have been fired after the 2012 disaster, but since he has a 10 year deal and literally the dumbest owner in baseball, he's managed to stick around longer, thus getting more wins.  

Apparently your reading skills did not comprehend the statement I made that Included winning percentage

8 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

They were all good managers.  Scioscia isnt.

All Scioscia has going for him is the fact that he has managed this team for 18 years.  Longevity, nothing more. 

He's had terrible postseason success, many players and gm's absolutely hated him (probably all time leader in most hated manager by former players), and word around the league is Scioscia has been washed up for the last 10 years now.

This is not indicative of a HOF manager.  It's not prejudice, its fact, wake up.

This post is a bunch of shit

Edited by Stradling

7 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

Currently Scioscia is #22 in wins by a manager with 1570.

If the team wins 80 games next year he will move up to #18, ahead of guys like Tommy Lasorda, and Dick Williams, but about 100 games behind Leyland.

He has won Manager of the year twice (only Showalter, Cox, La RUssa and Maddon have won more)

He has won five American League West division titles  (surpassing the number won by all previous Angels managers combined)

The hatred of Scioscia is still something funny.  

Another thing to consider is scioscia has had a jeckyll and hyde career. On the one hand, for the haters, he was blessed with a good core when he took over, a very smart front office (and farm), and in just a few years, a very good owner. That obviously played a role in his successs.

On the other hand, he then lost the solid core to FA, briefly got one back (with no bullpen), a run of close to 10 years or so of a completely inept front office (and a farm shittier than the toilet im sitting on while i type this), and an owner too gunshy to spend to help the mistakes he already made. The haters seem to glance past that when blaming him.

I have my own issues with the guy. Ive heard from people things i dont like, but ive heard from others the opposite. I personally think hes one of the smarter managers, very knowledgable about the rule book. But while its true he had little role in the success of a guy like vlad carrying an otherwise weak offense (most years), its not his fault he didnt "lead" the shit show in left field the last several years, 2B since howie, 3B since figgins, to get the clutch hit. Nor is it his fault in the last 5 years, aside from one great year from GRich, some decent stuff from santiago and 2 of cj wilson, a declining jered weaver was our best pitcher since obamas first term....let that sink in...maybe 2 good to decent years from 3 guys, in 5 years...

7 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Those 21 postseason wins under Scioscia are unbelievable in his managing career.  The Cubs won 26 postseason games in the last 3 years. 

And totally the same scenario.

Didnt the cubs get steamrolled 2 months ago?

And since youve decided to use them, lets revisit this in 3 years. By your standards, theyll need to take the division 2 of those years just to tie "sosh" from 02 to 07. And if we make it 7 years, 2 more. 

6 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I wont say sosh shouldnt be held to task, but the front office ignoring the bullpen killed us in 12. Feel free to go back in time with google and look at that roster.

I knew a good majority of the 12 team...the bullpen was a sore spot even with the non bully guys...everyone knew it needed help.

Grienke was a good move. It would have given weaver and to a lesser extent wilson a solid 1-2 (3) for the playoffs. The problem was dipoto thought wed be fine with latroy hawkins, jason isringhausen and jordan walden as our pen...

Lastly, if we blame sosh for missing the playoffs in 12, where do we hide the part the angels had the best record in baseball after may started?

4 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angel player's tuned Scioscia out, what other reason could  it have been. 

"let's see, we're in a tie game and there are runners on second and third, so if i get a hit i can drive in two and we'll take the lead. wait, sosh is a moron and i hate him, so i think i'll hit a shallow fly ball and hope they can throw out the runner from third. okay, that'll work. here we go!"

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And totally the same scenario.

Didnt the cubs get steamrolled 2 months ago?

And since youve decided to use them, lets revisit this in 3 years. By your standards, theyll need to take the division 2 of those years just to tie "sosh" from 02 to 07. And if we make it 7 years, 2 more. 

BUT . . . MADDON!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

No a ridiculous narrative is when you make a comment like this that claims a manager has no outcome on the game whatsoever.

I’ve never said that.  

So jars each time you’ve underperformed at work was it your bosses fault?  Or if you are the boss if your employees underperform is it your fault?