• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rough year for Angel fans

Second Base

I enjoyed the season too (so add me to the club) but this post season has been a nightmare.  An absolute nightmare.  If the Dodgers end up winning it all, it will be the longest winter of my life. 

Go Astros!

or

Go Yankees!

I think I'm going to throw up now.

The three fan-bases I hate the most are:

1. Dodgers
2. Red Sox
3. Yankees

I'd rather see any other team win the WS than those three teams.  If it ends up being a Yankees/Dodgers WS, I'll root for the Yankees.  I don't give a shit about family and friends who are Dodger fans.  Their fan-base ruins it for me.  Fuck them all. 

8 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

1. Dodgers
2. Red Sox
3. Yankees

I'd rather see any other team win the WS than those three teams.  If it ends up being a Yankees/Dodgers WS, I'll root for the Yankees.  I don't give a shit about family and friends who are Dodger fans.  Their fan-base ruins it for me.  Fuck them all. 

The three wealthiest teams in baseball will remain competitive. Houston will still be good for a few seasons but Yankees actually have a few things in their favor. They’re rich, they have a deep farm  system and they also have millions coming off the books after this season. We are going to be in for a long wait before we can regain AL respectability. 

2 minutes ago, Calzone said:

The three wealthiest teams in baseball will remain competitive. Houston will still be good for a few seasons but Yankees actually have a few things in their favor. They’re rich, they have a deep farm  system and they also have millions coming off the books after this season. We are going to be in for a long wait before we can regain AL respectability. 

I don't agree with the last sentence at all.  If the Angels rotation can actually stay healthy in 2018 and with a few good moves this off-season, the Angels will be in it in 2018.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

I don't agree with the last sentence at all.  If the Angels rotation can actually stay healthy in 2018 and with a few good moves this off-season, the Angels will be in it in 2018.

Agreed.

The Angels are looking good if Upton stays and we have a decent offseason IMHO. 

i'm very meh about the dodgers winning it all, although some of their fans would be insufferable about it (mostly the tommy lasorda types who use their success to take shots at the halos). 

yankee fans have been insufferable from birth. they can take a hike. so i guess, by default, i'd rather see the astros win it all.

the angels made some progress this season, and i'm glad for that. gives them something to build on for next season. a few more parts to fill, but filling them well will pay off sooner rather than later.

9 minutes ago, ArturoMoreno said:

Personally, I'd rather see Houston take it all. They're fun as hell to watch. And I think they're the least team with ESPN/FOX Sports drool all over them compared to Doyers and Skanks. 

They have played like bitches the last three games.  Not sure they deserve it now.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Agreed.

The Angels are looking good if Upton stays and we have a decent offseason IMHO. 

I’m basing my opinion on what the other teams will do to get even better. When you mention a healthy pitching staff it doesn’t necessarily mean that the pitchers we have will be pennant chasing good. Healthy is one thing, low era’s are another. Heaney, Nolasco and Skaggs aren’t exactly stopping the opponents from scoring. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i'm very meh about the dodgers winning it all, although some of their fans would be insufferable about it (mostly the tommy lasorda types who use their success to take shots at the halos). 

yankee fans have been insufferable from birth. they can take a hike. so i guess, by default, i'd rather see the astros win it all.

the angels made some progress this season, and i'm glad for that. gives them something to build on for next season. a few more parts to fill, but filling them well will pay off sooner rather than later.

I thought I would be bothered about the Dodgers winning...but I'm in the same boat...I found I just don't really care. I know plenty of Dodger fans, some of them are even tolerable...so I guess it's ok.

I wouldn't say I enjoyed this season as an Angels fan with the play on the field.  They ended up doing about what I expected, with August being a stretch where they looked better then expected.   That was the high point obviously. They even tricked me into thinking maybe they had a shot at the wild card for a couple of weeks.  

That said, overall, I was satisfied with the direction of the organization.  Real high points being the draft- especially ending up with Adell, who seemed to be our guy going back to the winter. And the really great surprise of picking up Justin Upton.  I've thought he was perfect for the Angels for a while so that was awesome.  Now we just gotta retain him, which we should.  Hopefully.  I think his being in the line up completely turns around the teams short term prospects.

I'm not sure if 2018 is a year where we'll be able to win the division but I think with some health luck and hopefully some help with payroll from Arte, we should be back in the mix.

Edited by UndertheHalo

13 minutes ago, red321 said:

I thought I would be bothered about the Dodgers winning...but I'm in the same boat...I found I just don't really care. I know plenty of Dodger fans, some of them are even tolerable...so I guess it's ok.

See this is a tough thing for me.  On the one hand, I have some friends that I'd be happy for if they were happy and got what they wanted with the stupid Dodgers.  But I can't bring myself to thinking it wouldn't be horrible if they won.  I hate that fucking team and i can't stand how obnoxious the fans are when they come over the Angel stadium.  This year with the Pantone 294 douches it sort of makes me want them to eat shit more then ever.  

I don't want to be a vindictive dick,  but I doubt I can stop myself from being one. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

42 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

See this is a tough thing for me.  On the one hand, I have some friends that I'd be happy for if they were happy and got what they wanted with the stupid Dodgers.  But I can't bring myself to thinking it wouldn't be horrible if they won.  I hate that fucking team and i can't stand how obnoxious the fans are when they come over the Angel stadium.  This year with the Pantone 294 douches it sort of makes me want them to eat shit more then ever.  

I don't want to be a vindictive dick,  but I doubt I can stop myself from being one. 

Well we’ve been waving that 2002 flag for way too long. The thought of the Dodgers possibly winning a championship this season is an indictment on Arte and the Angels as an organization. Watching these playoffs only reinforced the fact that we are not just 1 or 2 signings away from being good. We need to change 5-7 roster spots before we can seriously call ourselves true championship contenders. They need to stop peddling that second wild card at us and start competing for the division. If the Dodgers win it all shit will on the menu for quite a while.

17 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Dodgers fans don’t consider the Angels their rival ... not sure why some Angels fans do. 

They aren't our rival we play them 6 times a year and they play 30 plus miles north. If anything you can root for both teams to do well. Us winning nor them winning has anything to do with us. Unless we were in the same division doesn't really matter. Hopefully the Dodgers beat either the Yankees or Astros. They have a really great young team. Could be amazing for years to come. Would really help baseball if the Dodgers were a dominate team. 

13 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

They aren't our rival we play them 6 times a year and they play 30 plus miles north. If anything you can root for both teams to do well. Us winning nor them winning has anything to do with us. Unless we were in the same division doesn't really matter. Hopefully the Dodgers beat either the Yankees or Astros. They have a really great young team. Could be amazing for years to come. Would really help baseball if the Dodgers were a dominate team. 

Ok I could see a bunch of people here getting on board with this post. 

A333A312-6799-4DB6-9789-9F0626CF7739.jpeg

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I thought that's how I would feel to...but I just can't get there...maybe it's because it looks like they might be playing the Yankees. Or, maybe it's because when they put the camera on Lasorda I thought to myself...holy shit...weekend at Bernies...there's no way that dude isn't dead and just propped up there.

edit: seriously...I'm still kind of creeped out...they had to be panned on him for at least 5-10 seconds and he didn't move...didn't blink...no expression.

Edited by red321

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

I thought that's how I would feel to...but I just can't get there...maybe it's because it looks like they might be playing the Yankees. Or, maybe it's because when they put the camera on Lasorda I thought to myself...holy shit...weekend at Bernies...there's no way that dude isn't dead and just propped up there.

Saw that highlight this morning.  Thought they were going to break the poor guy's back.

41 minutes ago, red321 said:

edit: seriously...I'm still kind of creeped out...they had to be panned on him for at least 5-10 seconds and he didn't move...didn't blink...no expression.

Ya, I hope he at least makes it to the clinching out.

3 hours ago, Calzone said:

I’m basing my opinion on what the other teams will do to get even better. When you mention a healthy pitching staff it doesn’t necessarily mean that the pitchers we have will be pennant chasing good. Healthy is one thing, low era’s are another. Heaney, Nolasco and Skaggs aren’t exactly stopping the opponents from scoring. 

So, you are basing your opinion on other teams making the right moves in the off-season and things not going well for the Angels?  Gotcha.  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

1. Dodgers
2. Red Sox
3. Yankees

If the Astros lose and its a Dodgers/Yankees World Series (ooh, how novel) I'll be in full "don't-give-a-shit" mode and will only wish it is over quickly so we can find out whether Upton opts out or not.

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

If the Astros lose and its a Dodgers/Yankees World Series (ooh, how novel) I'll be in full "don't-give-a-shit" mode and will only wish it is over quickly so we can find out whether Upton opts out or not.

Between the Yanks/Dodgers, I'd only be watching in hopes of watching the Dogs lose.  

My sons Little League team has practice on Wednesdays.  I'm going to tell the team that Dodger fans can stay home to watch Game Two.  I get it, it's been 29 years for them.

My son and I will be on the field at that time practicing.