• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Clevinger

nate

That is why I'm hoping Long is nothing more than a #4-5 starter ultimately.   Upton will likely opt out, with salaries what they are now.   And I don't want 5-6 years/$25 million per being given to him, not when Hermosillo, Jones, Adell, and Marsh are in the farm system.

Use that money to bring in a starter and either a 2B or 3B.

Clevenger/Pestano, yet another beauty by Dipussy.

31 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Dipoto was a truly awful GM, he was more detrimental to this franchise than Reagins was arguably

I recently came to the same conclusion. Looking back, as much hate as we gave reagins, i dont think he was near as bad. Dipoto sunk this team for years. The spotlight is on the albert and hamilton contracts, obviously, but its so much more than that.

Eppler to this poont has done well. On a short time, with little money and no farm, hes kept us competitive. Its weird how much dipoto was the opposite. In a relative short run (4 years?) He sunk the big club, wrecked the minors, handcuffed our international spending, created a soap opera that left everyone laughing at us, and got nearly every move wrong.

Funny enough, he won us all over by getting rid of mathis...whos still getting contracts every year.

21 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I recently came to the same conclusion. Looking back, as much hate as we gave reagins, i dont think he was near as bad. Dipoto sunk this team for years. The spotlight is on the albert and hamilton contracts, obviously, but its so much more than that.

Eppler to this poont has done well. On a short time, with little money and no farm, hes kept us competitive. Its weird how much dipoto was the opposite. In a relative short run (4 years?) He sunk the big club, wrecked the minors, handcuffed our international spending, created a soap opera that left everyone laughing at us, and got nearly every move wrong.

Funny enough, he won us all over by getting rid of mathis...whos still getting contracts every year.

Reagins major fail is Vernon Wells, and coming to the winter meetings late and losing a chance to bid on Crawford (ends up being a blessing).  He did sign Hunter.  Am i  missing anything?

He isnt anywhere near as bad as Dipoto!

36 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Reagins major fail is Vernon Wells, and coming to the winter meetings late and losing a chance to bid on Crawford (ends up being a blessing).  He did sign Hunter.  Am i  missing anything?

Im sure theres a few mlre we can nitpick, but thats mostly it. Plus GMJ(?), but i want to say that was stoneman?

40 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I did say that Reagins was a patsy that took the blame for the Scioscia / Arte / Wells debacle. Trout was drafted while Reagins was the GM.   

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im sure theres a few mlre we can nitpick, but thats mostly it. Plus GMJ(?), but i want to say that was stoneman?

I thought about GMJ and thought that was Stoneman.  There was the Haren trsde but that worked well for the Angels for a few years.  We gave up Trumbo to reacquire Skaggs.   Texiera trade was huge win Reagins as we gabe up Kotchman and tge draft pick we got for losing Tex was Trout.  

Compared to Dipoto Reagins was a great GM.