• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

Did my highest peak so far.  Man, I was winded from the elevation.  Not exhausted like Allison Mine or Heaton Saddle.  But my body was just tired.  And compared to those two hikes, this wasn't that bad.  Might be hitting a wall, but I just don't want to take a week off.  But what a view from the top.  A bit of high clouds, lots of winds.  But you could see for a while, with a hazy Catalina far in the distance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6oTIJ4bteivaKoEO2

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

by definition 'private' videos are private... Change the status to 'unlisted.'

@Redondo @Tank Ok, changed it.  

https://youtu.be/MsY2nxcs3aU

And as an FYI.  I tried to run the thing all the way up, but ran out of juice 20 minutes in.  So then realized just short shots was probably the way to go.  Also the size of that one file was quite large, 3.8 gb.  So editing was quite painful since I'm using a cheap app and my chromebook.

Edited by gotbeer

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some ruins we found a few weeks back.  They are supposedly of the San Gabriel Mining Company who were around in the early 1900's.  

Hopefully will have one of the mines next week.  I tried taking a video of the mines during this trip, but the light wasn't strong enough.  So I'm going from a 120 lumens headlamp to a 6000 lumens headlamp and hoping the video comes out.  

Here is the latest one.  Heaton mine.  It's a little known mine, yet it's right next to the trail near the trailhead to Bridge to Nowhere.  It's so close that if anyone is interested in checking it out, you can easily get to, even if you are a cripple like Chuck.

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

We’ve been over this but do you not see all the news stories about Asians getting lost in the woods and shit around LA?  And now you’re going into mines?

Youre playing with fire.

I'm going camping in March too.  Where we will probably explore more mines.

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Look if there are two things I know about Asian Americans, it’s that they love to leave reviews on yelp and they get lost hiking.  

I’m not going to be part of the AW search party if something happens.

We take plenty of alcohol.  So if I get lost, the AW search party will have incentive to find me, or at least to find the booze.  Ah crap.  Now someone is going to steal my booze.

Funny story one of the prospectors that spend a lot of time on the river told me.  He told me bears are assholes.  He said he spent a day away from his tent.  Like how you are supposed to do it, he put his food away from camp high up.  Well, apparently, bears like toothpaste also.  So the bear was looking for food around his tent, and couldn't find it.  But the bear did find his toothbrush.  So the bear left him a present.  He crapped in the middle of his camp, with the toothbrush sticking out of the middle of it.

• 3 weeks later...

So need some advice from those that have camped.  It's supposed to rain the days I go on my next camp.  Should I take a tarp to put over my tent so the rain for sure doesn't get in?  Should i take a second tarp for under the tent?  

45 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So need some advice from those that have camped.  It's supposed to rain the days I go on my next camp.  Should I take a tarp to put over my tent so the rain for sure doesn't get in?  Should i take a second tarp for under the tent?  

If your tent is decently waterproof (if it isn't it's not worth having) take a groundcloth. The key is to dig a trench around the outside edge to guide water away from you. Doesn't need to be deep, just well engendered.