• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oakland A's announce plans for new ballpark

WeatherWonk

6 hours ago, Tank said:

agreed. 4 years until groundbreaking seems sluggish, like watching pujols run out a grounder to third sluggish.

Good analogy. He might make it to first by the time the park opens.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

This is probably the last shot at the A's staying in Oakland.  If this fails, and history says it will, bank on the A's following the Raiders. 

We're ready.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

This is probably the last shot at the A's staying in Oakland.  If this fails, and history says it will, bank on the A's following the Raiders. 

If this fails, they should look into moving to Las Vegas. That town could support baseball. 

Or maybe Salt Lake City or Portland. 

On second thought, baseball is too American for Portland. It's really surprising that Portland, a metro area with over 2 million, has no NHL, MLB or NFL team.

18 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Of course, you are referring to their problems with the rest rooms. Whatever. I have never experienced that.

I just go for day games when it is warm and NEVER take a shit at a ballpark. After having lived in Mexico and traveled the world, I can take a pee anywhere. If you can pee in a public restrooms in Greece, the OAC doesnt seem so bad.

And unlike greece, you dont need to bring change to piss in oakland, which is nice.

I was abroad once and got hit with the "ive been drinking for days squirts". I found the only restroom around.

No door. No toilet seat. No toilet paper.

No self esteem. No shame. No way i can look at myself in the mirror. Etc etc.

have told this story before . . . was at an A's game in oakland during my college years. had to use the can, so headed in to the men's room behind center field. it was full. there was some scary looking hells angel biker dude there and he didn't want to wait. pulled it out and started whizzing in the sink. didn't even bother to run the water and wash it down.

i walked out, afraid to look behind me.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

have told this story before . . . was at an A's game in oakland during my college years. had to use the can, so headed in to the men's room behind center field. it was full. there was some scary looking hells angel biker dude there and he didn't want to wait. pulled it out and started whizzing in the sink. didn't even bother to run the water and wash it down.

So that's how you and st1ckboy first met.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

It could've been worse.  If you were in the Castro District, he would've pissed on your face.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:06 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

And unlike greece, you dont need to bring change to piss in oakland, which is nice.

I was abroad once and got hit with the "ive been drinking for days squirts". I found the only restroom around.

No door. No toilet seat. No toilet paper.

No self esteem. No shame. No way i can look at myself in the mirror. Etc etc.

The men's heads in Greece were bad enough, but my GF (eventually my wife) told me that the women's was just a big cistern-like thing in the middle of the room that you hung your bush over (back then, in the 90s, some women still had bushes) right in front of all the other women. It was drip-dry, all the way. This was in Athens, not some small town on a remote island.

I never had a bad experience at OAC. The fans were a gas. I prefer them to stoic Angel fans. 

12 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

The men's heads in Greece were bad enough, but my GF (eventually my wife) told me that the women's was just a big cistern-like thing in the middle of the room that you hung your bush over (back then, in the 90s, some women still had bushes) right in front of all the other women. It was drip-dry, all the way. This was in Athens, not some small town on a remote island.

I never had a bad experience at OAC. The fans were a gas. I prefer them to stoic Angel fans. 

The magic of this is the transition from bushy women drip drying to OAC. 

This is why i cant leave this site. No matter how ive tried.

• 6 months later...