• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bring up Barria!!

Ochocinco!

2.63 ERA and 113:28 K/BB ratio in 137 innings in the minors this year. He's already well past his career high in innings and is only 21, however. I'd caution against bringing him up unless the org feels he's ready now. He's pretty clearly made himself a 2018 rotation candidate though. 

Sept 1 can come soon enough.  

Barria is barely 21.  He's actually in his age 20 season starting the year in high A so making the jump to mlb and having pitched 15 innings over his previous his from last year likely isn't going to happen.  

I'm also not ready to sell him short as the 'back end' starter he's being called.   He's added a little velo this year which has help his K rate go up.  Plenty of guys go 90-94 with solid secondary stuff and excellent command as really good starters.  Not saying he's going to be Zach Greinke, but how about Rick Porcello or Mike Leake or Alex Cobb?  

8 hours ago, Brent Maguire said:

2.63 ERA and 113:28 K/BB ratio in 137 innings in the minors this year. He's already well past his career high in innings and is only 21, however. I'd caution against bringing him up unless the org feels he's ready now. He's pretty clearly made himself a 2018 rotation candidate though. 

Who made up the "innings limit"

when did people start throwing darts at when a pitcher should stop pitching due to innings pitched?

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Who made up the "innings limit"

when did people start throwing darts at when a pitcher should stop pitching due to innings pitched?

My guess is when free agent pitchers worth a damn cost $17 million a season.  Or when they look at a decline in spin rate.  

Barria gave up four runs in 4.2 innings tonight in Salt Lake.  I am afraid that the stage is too big for the moment for Barria to be effective against major league hitters.  That said, I think we will see him before the season ends, but that has the feeling of desperation to me.  Maybe he can fool some team just because they haven't seen his stuff in person.

I thought Noe Ramirez was a starter, I'd be inclined to give him a shot.