• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

War on Cops continues in full force tonight

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Sucks all around.  Not sure why it's political though.

Well, you need to turn on the TV or computer and check out the news.

The killer is a member of some wacky black extremist group called Moorish Nation and was upset over the events in Charlottesville.

And there's this tidbit:

Everett Glenn Miller, who goes by the name Malik Mohammad Ali on Facebook, allegedly ambushed and shot the officers as they were responding to a disturbance call.

Edited by fan_since79

21 minutes ago, Rico said:

So one crazy guy acting alone.  The second shooting was a domestic disturbance.  The third shooting was a white guy.  It's still all fucked up, but not necessarily a "war on cops."

..but there's an additional detail:

A Facebook page in Derrick Brabham’s name was filled with posts about the KKK, racism, police shootings, Black Lives Matter, Donald Trump, and depression. “I wanna say black lives matter but I don’t feel like mine does,” a 2016 post on the page read.

Yeah, police have said it wasn't political but an alcohol-fueled domestic disturbance. But he shot at the officers when they arrived, through a door with a high powered rifle, so it could have been an ambush.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

..but there's an additional detail:

A Facebook page in Derrick Brabham’s name was filled with posts about the KKK, racism, police shootings, Black Lives Matter, Donald Trump, and depression. “I wanna say black lives matter but I don’t feel like mine does,” a 2016 post on the page read.

Yeah, police have said it wasn't political but an alcohol-fueled domestic disturbance. But he shot at the officers when they arrived, through a door with a high powered rifle, so it could have been an ambush.

One of the Jacksonville officers is black, as was the assailant. Not sure what significance this has, if any. Derrick Brabham was killed in the exchange.

Friday night’s shootings of police officers condemned

This story confirms the police account that this was a domestic disturbance.

Police officers in stable condition after fatal gun fight Friday on Jacksonville’s Westside

Two Jacksonville sheriff’s officers are recovering after sustaining serious injuries when they were shot at close range Friday night by a suspect wielding a rifle in a Westside home.

The officers returned fire and struck the 25-year-old man twice, killing him as his girlfriend and their 19-month-old child hid from the gunfire, Sheriff Mike Williams said Saturday.

The wounded officers, 11-year veteran Michael Fox and five-year veteran Kevin Jarrell, entered the home in the 5100 block of Seaboard Avenue after hearing a gunshot inside, Williams said.

The suspect, identified as Derrick Rashard Brabham, was armed with a .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle and fired on the officers as soon as they broke through the door, Williams said.

“They were encountered by the suspect immediately,” Williams said. “He basically immediately opened fire on the officers just inside the threshold of the door.”