• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

About last night - Angels vs Nats

I am not the best angels fan.  Last night, driving by Big A at about 650 heading towards Fullerton from irvine, I saw what looked like a playoff-sized atmosphere in the parking lot.  I wondered why the crowd was so big   

Around 815 driving back, I got the view in the stands and saw even the upper view, out to the tips were filled.   

I thought this was odd for a Tuesday.   So I asked Siri who the angels were playing.  I first thought it was a concert.  But soon found it was the Nats.  I also discovered that it was Trout bobblehead night   

I was curious on the draw.  Is it just Harper?  Do the Nats have a good travel base?  Was it the Angels and summer baseball?  Or was it the Trout bobblehead? 

What motivated a near sellout last night?  It was nice to see.  Because it's normally empty in there.  

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

So 18,000 Angels fans, 10,000 people wanting to see Harper, 15,340 fans who wanted a Trout bobble head and the 5 remaining Expos fans.  That gets you 43,345 in paid attendance for last night.  

That's a good breakdown Strad thanks.  I was curious if it was Harper - didn't think the Nats have a base.  I know there are people who collect those bobbles, we have a lot of grown children on this board here.  Assumed there were more than usual kids there too!  

Thanks.  Too bad we didn't pull off the win.  Read Harper won't play today.  So we will see how pissed ppl are tonight. 

So 18,000 Angels fans, 10,000 people wanting to see Harper, 15,340 fans who wanted a Trout bobble head and the 5 remaining Expos fans.  That gets you 43,345 in paid attendance for last night.  

Did you not read the posters comments ... geez

Leave my family out of this. Jerk!

sarcasm of course 

20 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He would but there is no bobblehead tonight.

:-)

I do have to admit, the last game I went to was a bobble head night. 

It is funny, I had season seats for 20 years from the day the strike ended in 95 until 2 years ago.  I gave them up for a couple of different reasons.  Work was crazy, I was getting married, and quite frankly it was difficult selling the 50+ games I couldn't make it to a year.  So instead what I have done is saved that money for other Angel related things.  I spent a good chunk of change on a game room in my house, that has 2 very nice Samsung TVs next to each other so we can watch the game and something else.  It will be great for football.  I have also since gone and seen the team play at Arlington, and New York two different times.  I still go to opening day, and a handful of games a year, but going to 30 games a year just isn't going to happen.  Plus, I won't miss a playoff game once those start to happen again.  I will be able to afford to go to any and all of those games even at scalpers prices.  Since I don't attend games as much as I once did, you won't see me bitch about the crowd, because that to me would be hypocritical.