• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Parker Bridwell recalled - Danny Espinosa DFA

7 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Fletcher:  Angel 2bman on August 1st is not in the organization right now but probably won't be Dee Gordon....

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/886643230166495232

Hope he's right. Also, it's kind of funny that the Marlins might be sellers.  If you look at their roster, they appear to be much closer to contending than we do...

It'll be really interesting to see what they do with 2B and 3B next year. There are some enticing free agents, but with Cowart, Fletcher, Franklin, even Houchins nearing ready, I wonder which direction they'll go.

i think if it were me, I'd extend a QO to Maybin, collect the compensatory draft pick, sign Revere to a one year pact for LF until Hermosillo is ready, I'd re-up Escobar too for 3B and slot Cowart over at 2B with Franklin at utility and Fletcher in AAA.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR 2h2 hours ago

The #Angels have DFA'd Danny Espinosa, who hit .162. They needed to make a move today to create a spot for Parker Bridwell.

Now they need to DFA Valbuena.

This won't happen.  He is here because he is signed through next year.  The issue is we don't have better options.  Sign better players for 1st and 3rd and have him be a back up corner infielder. 

20 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

It'll be really interesting to see what they do with 2B and 3B next year. There are some enticing free agents, but with Cowart, Fletcher, Franklin, even Houchins nearing ready, I wonder which direction they'll go.

i think if it were me, I'd extend a QO to Maybin, collect the compensatory draft pick, sign Revere to a one year pact for LF until Hermosillo is ready, I'd re-up Escobar too for 3B and slot Cowart over at 2B with Franklin at utility and Fletcher in AAA.

lol Maybin would be an absolute retard to not accept a QO from the Angels. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

lol Maybin would be an absolute retard to not accept a QO from the Angels. 

QO should be what 19 million? He's looking at getting 4/50-60 million. Seems to me he'd be leaning toward not accepting a QO. I'm curious to hear why you feel he'd accept it.

27 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Replace Escobar with someone that knows how to throw accurately. Extend Maybin before August, but if he won't sign a reasonably deal by then trade him. No way is he worth $17M or what ever a QO will be. He would jump on that in a minute so no compensatory pick will be forth coming. Extend him now or trade him, or else we lose him for free.

3 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

QO should be what 19 million? He's looking at getting 4/50-60 million. Seems to me he'd be leaning toward not accepting a QO. I'm curious to hear why you feel he'd accept it.

I think an optimistic projection puts Maybin at like a .750 OPS.  I doubt he gets there.  The guy has history of injuries.  He's not getting 4 years and no one is giving him 15 million.  

Im fine with keeping him around but on a bunch a teams he's a 4th outfielder.  You chronically massively over value Angels man. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Shouldn't we wait to see how he does for the rest of the season before we figure out his next contract?

7 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

That's more than double what he's making this year. Unless he has a monster 2nd half (not likely) he isn't getting anywhere near that on the open market. Taking the QO is a no brainer for him.