• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Parker Bridwell recalled - Danny Espinosa DFA

35 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Wondering if Espinoza will clear waivers? I could see him traded to the NL ... of course will have to pick up the tab.

Nobody will trade for him so he'll clear waivers but he might get picked up for his defense, particularly at SS....not sure any contending team fits the description but teams are probably more willing to carry a glove at SS than 2b...

55 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Nobody will trade for him so he'll clear waivers but he might get picked up for his defense, particularly at SS....not sure any contending team fits the description but teams are probably more willing to carry a glove at SS than 2b...

We're you thinking as a starter lol

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

A lot of the best teams haven't performed well defensively. I could see a team reaching out to the Angels possibly to make an inexpensive deal.

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Re: Maybin.

2 years, $17 million

^^^This^^^....I guess if he gets hot again, he could change the narrative but I never understood the 4/50 numbers some have been throwing around here...

10 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

We're you thinking as a starter lol

Probably not...but the guy can pick it....If I had a good offensive team and an injury at SS, I might go get him and figure you can carry his bat....we are so challenged offensively that we just couldn't afford a .162 hitting 2bman...

Halos just DFA'd Espinsoa -- I guess he must clear waivers to be cut (which he will because NO ONE wants to pick up the rest of his contract).

so we're done with him and will pay the rest of his contract for this year.

meanwhile -- he will catch on with some team because all they have to pay is the MLB minimum of his contract for about two to three months.

some playoff bound team will sign him as a late inning defensive MIF (he was touted as a whiz kid Golden Glover at 2B but, honestly, I didn't see that from him at 2B for us this year, maybe it was because at a certain point he wasn't playing much) --- he can be a late inning defensive MIF for probably an NL team and a guy who can sacrifice bunt a runner over.

He certainly was not A. Simmons like with the leather.

I like Danny know him personally. Sure he wasn't good this season offensively overall and had some big hits early on. But, he wasn't nearly as bad when you are placing his #'s historically against some of the others that are stinking up the joint! His #'s weren't the downfall or what was holding us back collectively as a team/org in 2017.

We have many players under performing this season! Instead of listing them all. I will list the ones that we should keep! (Trout, Maldonado, Simmons) Maybe, Escobar "For his offense". But, you can't have two DH's and AP#5 isn't going anywhere so Escobar is gonzo also! Even Calhoun his power #'s are up and on pace (of his career #'s) but the avg is .240's. AP#5 has checkout since he hit #600 and has 5 Bomb's & 14 RBI's in 1.5 months! His lower half is so beat-up we have a 25M per singles hitter! In a Rondon I'm good with it cause they are usually quick and pick it.....Here not so much anymore!

Inside joke when AP is up and hits the ball... I mute the tv and start saying ouch, ouch, ouch every time he runs down to first and all the way back. Pain sucks "Sometimes, it's hard to get past it and it eats away at you". I don't believe he stays for the remainder I could be wrong?

Have fun kids~ Excited to read the replies!

I quietly was kind of pumped when we signed espinoza this offseason. It had that feeling of us finally picking up somebody who isnt a big deal but later other teams are praising the fact we got 15-20 home runs for cheap batting 8th...ive always been jealous of other teams who pull off moves like that. 

Him coming home i thought might help. I dont know him, but a few friends i have do. Supposed to be a good guy. Was hoping for better from him, but hes just another snakebite for this roster.