• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why a pitch clock is coming to Major League Baseball in 2018

Major League Baseball is expected to implement a pitch clock for the 2018 season.

Commissioner Rob Manfred and Major League Players Associations executive director Tony Clark have acknowledged the change, according to USA TODAY Sports’ Bob Nightengale.

http://www.9news.com/sports/mlb/why-a-pitch-clock-is-coming-to-major-league-baseball-in-2018/456198560

8 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

How long until the first fans yell out a false countdown to an opposing pitcher to throw off his timing?

It actually worked at...wait for it...

a LB State/Fullerton basketball game in the early 80s.   A Fullerton PG heard the LB fans start the  false countdown before halftime, and chucked up a shot early after which LB scored to end the half.

This is not only good for the game it's good for the future of the game.  Some reasonable concessions need to be made to return the game to its former pace.

I'd also like to see mound visits for all reasons other than actual pitching change or injury to be limited to a fixed number per game.  I especially dislike huddles to discuss how to handle baserunners or to cool off the pitcher.

Changes are coming that will limit catcher and coaches trips to the mound.  I think catcher's trips will be limited to one per inning unless there's a pitching change, and coaching trips will one per pitcher before he must be removed.  That'll cut down on some of that lag time. 

I'm in favor of instituting these.  I don't mind watching a 3-hour game, but most fans aren't willing to do that.  The upcoming generation struggles with a 2-hour game.  So a pitch clock, faster time between innings, limiting coaches and catcher visits, the automatic intentional walk, not allowing haters to step fully out of the box, these will all speed it up.  I'd like to see games get back under 2 hours and 30 minutes.