• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout Rehab Tonight IE

3 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

I'm going to the Thursday game. I doubt I can get an interview with Trout, but I will bring my camera to try and interview Thaiss.

Well with that attitude you're probably not. :) 

21 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

One of the things he's got to do is play 9 innings in the OF.

I guess something this

W: 3 ABs as DH

Th: 5 innings in OF

F: 7 innings in OF

Sa: whole game at DH

Su: 9 innings in OF

Mo: 3 AB DH

Tu: off

wed: BP at Angel stadium

Th: live BP (off a pitcher) at Angel Stadium

Fri: back in the lineup

I'm sorry but if that is the plan that I'd stupid.  Why would they need to limit innings in the field.  Hr hurt his hand, he should have constantly doing lower body and cardio stuff.  It's all about being able to swing the bat.  You should be able to tell if the thumb will affect catch and throw without being in a game.  

Should look like this

W 3abs dh 

Th full game

if feels good should only take that long if he is having issues  

F bring him up. 

8 minutes ago, thebloob said:

I'm sorry but if that is the plan that I'd stupid.  Why would they need to limit innings in the field.  Hr hurt his hand, he should have constantly doing lower body and cardio stuff.  It's all about being able to swing the bat.  You should be able to tell if the thumb will affect catch and throw without being in a game.  

Should look like this

W 3abs dh 

Th full game

if feels good should only take that long if he is having issues  

F bring him up. 

The same reason guys don't play the whole game at the start of spring training. Apparently lower body work in the gym isn't the same as playing a baseball game. 

I never do either. 

But that's what everyone says. 

I'll take their word over yours, no offense. 

The name of the game is winning baseball games right? Aren't there times when a rehabbing Mike Trout is better than any other option that's currently on the roster. As long as he can physically complete a full game he still better than what's currently being played. Just his presence in the lineup will affect how other people are being pitched. This will give the angels a better chance to win.

Is playing full games in the minor leagues really babying a player? Mike Trout  doesn't seem like the kind of person to take it easy just because it's a minor-league assignment. I'll bet if a ball is hit over his shoulder Mike Trout will go as hard as he can and crash into that minor-league wall to try to catch it. That's just who he is. That's why I say if he's physically capable to play a full game he should be doing it in the major leagues. Would you feel better if he hurt himself playing in the minor-league assignment

9 minutes ago, thebloob said:

Is playing full games in the minor leagues really babying a player? Mike Trout  doesn't seem like the kind of person to take it easy just because it's a minor-league assignment. I'll bet if a ball is hit over his shoulder Mike Trout will go as hard as he can and crash into that minor-league wall to try to catch it. That's just who he is. That's why I say if he's physically capable to play a full game he should be doing it in the major leagues. Would you feel better if he hurt himself playing in the minor-league assignment

I sure hope he doesn't play that hard while rehabing. I bet the Angels don't either

And on his 3rd and probably final at bat there is catchers interference on the first pitch so he gets a free base. What a waste of a rehab game. WTF.

Edit: had 1 more at a bat and grounded out. 

Ends with 0-2 K, HBP, and catcher's interference.