• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is this the most exciting ~.500 team?

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

The Cubs have to be the most underperforming team in baseball. There is nothing exciting about having all that talent unable to play better than a  .500 record.

Yeah I remember when our record was 51-51 back in 2003. Bunch of underachieving talent there.

If this was a young team, sure. Young teams are comprose of many players trying to make names for themselves. But the Angels have a lot of vets on their team that have been can play if they are hot. Don't see anything exciting about this Angels team playing .500 ball the whole year up to this point. 

24 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

If this was a young team, sure. Young teams are comprose of many players trying to make names for themselves. But the Angels have a lot of vets on their team that have been can play if they are hot. Don't see anything exciting about this Angels team playing .500 ball the whole year up to this point. 

Yeah this isn't one of those something to build on group of guys. There are a lot of 30 something guys that should already be producing. Their breakout seasons are already in their past. 

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Yeah I remember when our record was 51-51 back in 2003. Bunch of underachieving talent there.

Uh, we had no pitching staff, Glaus, Fulmer, Erstad were on the DL. Ekstein went from 101 ops+ to 75. Ortiz, Sele, Appier were crap with Appier getting kicked off the team. 

That team was a broken wheel needing fixing but Disney was more interested in selling the team than shoring it up to be competitive. 

There are zero parallels between the 2003 Angels and 2017 Cubs. 

Quite frankly. this is the first time since the 70.s,that not a single player on the roster gives me the excitement of anticipation when they come to the plate late in a tight game.

They are one of the more surprising teams for still being at .500 with all the injuries and a weak lineup, but not exciting.

I prefer the home run over the double play ball.

Tough for me to summon enthusiasm for a line up that features ZERO players with even a 800 OPS.  More players with OPS in the 600 range then 700's even.  Our pitching is a disaster as far as injuries go. 

Its sort of a minor miracle that they've stayed around .500

maybe if we can avoid an extended slump we can catch a break and get a few of our arms after the ASB.  If so maybe they can stick around the wild card race.  A lot of pretty mediocre teams in baseball this year. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Tough for me to summon enthusiasm for a line up that features ZERO players with even a 800 OPS.  More players with OPS in the 600 range then 700's even.  Our pitching is a disaster as far as injuries go. 

And there are people here who expect to "win now"

Just now, Stradling said:

Who?  Name these people, that's the plural of person.  

You and many others who are on the wild card bandwagon. 

We need to be sellers and get whatever value we can squeeze from some of these movable parts. Stop it with the crap shoot. Build a better and more prepared team. 

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

maybe if we can avoid an extended slump we can catch a break and get a few of our arms after the ASB.  If so maybe they can stick around the wild card race.  A lot of pretty mediocre teams in baseball this year. 

Being one game back in the WC race puts us in the mix. I think getting the best player in the game back changes things. We also may have Skaggs back soon and possibly more pitching help in September. I would like to see them trade for a impact bat at the deadline.

Odds are against us but the other teams fighting may feel the same way. 

IMG_2383.JPG

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Maybe I wasn't being clear. Or I'm misunderstanding you.   I have zero expectation of winning now. 

I clearly understood you. My post was dedicated to those people who believe they can win now and that a visit from Benny Hinn can fix the team.

IMG_6833.GIF

6 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

We need to be sellers and get whatever value we can squeeze from some of these movable parts. Stop it with the crap shoot. Build a better and more prepared team. 

Believing we have a shot at a WC spot does not make a person someone who "expects" anything. It's called being a fan, Claude. The Angels have just as much of a shot as anyone else so the fans hope for the best. 

That means you don't have a firesale when you're 1 game out. The Angels FO isn't going to sell anything unless it makes them better now.

4 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Being one game back in the WC race puts us in the mix. I think getting the best player in the game back changes things. We also may have Skaggs back soon and possibly more pitching help in September. I would like to see them trade for a impact bat at the deadline.

Odds are against us but the other teams fighting may feel the same way. 

IMG_2383.JPG

TD have another drink. 

42 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Once again you defy logic.  I am not trying to buy, I am trying to make the best decision.  If the team can't get reasonably good prospects for the players they have then there is zero reason to trade them.  If the players they have can give them some decent major league players in the future, trade them.  My guess is they really can't get the next second baseman or left fielder for Norris or for Yunel, so why make the trade.  What you totally neglect to mention is there is maybe one guy that is getting blocked from every day play by the players that are currently taking up roster spots, and that is Cowart.  So we trade Yunel and we trade Maybin and we trade Revere and we trade Norris and we trade Petit, we get back young guys in the lower minors, who plays those positions?  Not that it matters, because you are completely throwing in the towel on being competitive.  But if you decide to play the future before they are ready, it could damage them.  Now I know you don't care for logic, so you will turn this into me wanting things to stay the same, which isn't true, but you are Clod for a reason.  

As far as the crap shoot, well, the prospects we would get from Norris or Maybin or possibly Yunel would all be crap shoot prospects, at best.  I would keep Maybin if he is able to be had for a reasonable contract, because quite frankly, we have no one better for the foreseeable future and I would rather have a major leaguer there than have what we have had there for the last few years.