• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

EPA

Think we need a thread to document the "activities" of Scott Pruitt and the EPA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/06/20/trump-administration-to-decline-to-renew-dozens-of-scientists-for-key-epa-advisory-board/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d5e4e4ec6e85

First up...complete the purging of scientists from the Scientific Advisory Board to ensure there is enough space to add lobbyists from various industries

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/07/us/politics/epa-dismisses-members-of-major-scientific-review-board.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

A spokesman for the E.P.A. administrator, Scott Pruitt, said he would consider replacing the academic scientists with representatives from industries whose pollution the agency is supposed to regulate, as part of the wide net it plans to cast. “The administrator believes we should have people on this board who understand the impact of regulations on the regulated community,” said the spokesman, J. P. Freire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 9:38 AM, Adam said:

The problem with these agencies far outweigh their benefits in my opinion. They're just vehicles for crony bullshit at the end of the day.

I remember back in the 70s and 80s, driving south on the 138 to get to San Bernardino and the dirty brown halo that surrounded the valley. It used to make me a bit ill. It's so much better now.

Yeah, but fuck the EPA. We don't need potable water or breathable air.

4 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

We didn't have potable water before the EPA? Good to know.

Isn't the idea CLEAN water, rather than potable water in general? Like, I guess if you're cool with not setting a limit on the mg/L of fecal coliform in water, then that's...fine...though maybe a LITTLE strange...

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Isn't the idea CLEAN water, rather than potable water in general? Like, I guess if you're cool with not setting a limit on the mg/L of fecal coliform in water, then that's...fine...though maybe a LITTLE strange...

Clean water can still flow without the EPA. I promise.

24 minutes ago, krAbs said:

As a civil engineer, trust me, it would not. We don't do shit unless we absolutely have to, and even then, we try to sneak stuff by.

What do you know about it? Lawrence says we'll be okay.

Okay, that was a low shot, but still -  economics dictates that the cheapest path will win out. That's WHY we like it. This isn't just civil engineering, this is life. So, what mechanism would keep the water clean here? The people being upset? Kinda like how that is working so well in Flint? Or like how its working in Mexico? I'm honestly a bit curious why someone would think that water would stay clean with 0 enforcement of regulation.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I remember back in the 70s and 80s, driving south on the 138 to get to San Bernardino and the dirty brown halo that surrounded the valley. It used to make me a bit ill. It's so much better now.

Yeah, but fuck the EPA. We don't need potable water or breathable air.

"Fuck the EPA" is exactly what I said. 

36 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Okay, that was a low shot, but still -  economics dictates that the cheapest path will win out. That's WHY we like it. This isn't just civil engineering, this is life. So, what mechanism would keep the water clean here? The people being upset? Kinda like how that is working so well in Flint? Or like how its working in Mexico? I'm honestly a bit curious why someone would think that water would stay clean with 0 enforcement of regulation.

The states and the courts