• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Amazon is buying grocery stores now

a friend of mine in nyc has used amazon pantry for most of their groceries for the past year or so. 

and whole foods is everything to millions of people living in big cities. 

buying whole foods is going to make it so that there are even more distribution centers for that service.

6 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

other grocery stores are sh*tting their pants right now.

amazon is so massive. AWS is just a juggernaut.

Kroger stock is down 13% today as bad news comes in for the company (they own Ralph's)

The good news is, Ralph's is lowering prices in order to compete and survive. Milk and eggs, other staples etc.

Bespoke Investments publishes a "Death by Amazon" index which tracks 50 large retailers and their stock performance in relation to Amazon and the S&P 1,500 since 2012.

I think you have to pay for it, but here's a screen shot of their chart from last year.

amazon.JPG

Edited by fan_since79

26 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Kroger stock is down 13% today as bad news comes in for the company (they own Ralph's)

The good news is, Ralph's is lowering prices in order to compete and survive. Milk and eggs, other staples etc.

Ralph's needs to get rid of their "Fresh Fare" markets. Those places absolutely suck.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-amazon-whole-foods-updates-amazon-s-market-value-jumps-13-7-1497630484-htmlstory.html

Amazon's market value jumps $13.7 billion -- making the Whole Foods purchase kind of free

Investors on Friday effectively handed Amazon.com the $13.7 billion it agreed to pay for Whole Foods Market -- for the moment, at least.

After the companies announced the deal, Amazon’s stock jumped $28.76 a share, to $992.93. 

Amazon has about 478 million shares outstanding, according to FactSet Research Systems, so the stock’s gain Friday added $13.7 billion to Amazon’s total market value. (The jump brings Amazon's market value to $475 billion.)

• 4 years later...

Amazon's method looks more appealing to shoppers, unlike the tedious scanning of each item individually, occurring at major retailers like Marks and Spencer, Tesco, or Sainsbury's. The American company is so confident in its technology that it says shoppers shouldn't have to worry about how the system recognizes what they bought at all. Once you have taken what you need from the shelves, you can leave the store and go home. This technology was first used in the United States in similar Amazon Go stores, which have opened Recently, I bought a flag pole light in such a store, and I am satisfied with my purchase to this day