• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Recipe of the Day: Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Flank steak is a lean, somewhat tough but flavorful cut of beef that benefits from the tenderizing effects of a marinade. It is best cooked medium rare and thinly sliced at an angle across the grain of the meat.

Prepared this way, marinated, cooked quickly at high heat, thinly sliced, flank steak practically melts in your mouth. This recipe calls for grilling the steak, but if you don’t have a grill, you can prepare the steak on a large cast iron frying pan as well.

Continue reading "Grilled Marinated Flank Steak" »

S0tHMx3NzWI

View the full article

Flank used to be cheap, but now it's pretty spendy (when you can even find it). I can sometimes find it at  carnicerias down in the central valley, but you have to know what you are looking for because the Spanish names for it are all over the place and they sometimes don't know wtf they have in the case.

Flanco, Falda, (Falda means skirt in Spanish but it is almost always Flank steak) and I've seen it under other names also. But even in those places it has become high priced. 

One of my favorite cuts, for sure. 

btw... I always grill this up before chopping it up into small pieces when I'm making carne asada tacos for guests.

But before that, I marinade the flank steak overnight with Jalapenos, Cilantro, onions, chipotle paste and a 1/2 cup of water.