• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread Angels @ Tigers 6-6-2017

1. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
2. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
3. Albert Pujols (R) DH
4. Yunel Escobar (R) 3B
5. C.J. Cron (R) 1B
6. Martin Maldonado (R) C
7. Danny Espinosa (S) 2B
8. Eric Young Jr. (S) LF
9. Shane Robinson (R) CF
Chavez P

1. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
2. Alex Avila (L) C
3. Miguel Cabrera (R) 1B
4. Victor Martinez (S) DH
5. J.D. Martinez (R) RF
6. Justin Upton (R) LF
7. Nicholas Castellanos (R) 3B
8. Alex Presley (L) CF
9. Jose Iglesias (R) SS

Norris P

3 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I saw something that I think said he hit .286 on the last homestand. But I may have not been focusing too hard on the post.

4 games, 1 hr, 4/14, .258 avg, .857 OPS. Sample size issues, but a positive sign.

Edit: .286 batting average over 2 games in June.

Edited by krAbs

Small sample size, but since Trout's injury, Albert, Kole, Simmons, Maldonado, Young, Espinosa, and Escobar have a combined OPS of .903 going into tonight's game. 

So at least the offense is trying to pick up the slack it seems.

.306/.369/.533/.903 combined slash.

And that's not counting Cron/Valbuena who should be a big source of offensive production. So, glimmers of hope.

Just now, totdprods said:

Small sample size, but since Trout's injury, Albert, Kole, Simmons, Maldonado, Young, Espinosa, and Escobar have a combined OPS of .903 going into tonight's game. 

So at least the offense is trying to pick up the slack it seems.

I've been working on a theory that Trout is actually a talent vampire. The reason he is so good is because he drains the talent from everyone around him and uses it himself. That's why every left fielder we draft goes on to have one of the worst years of their career with the Angels. Thank you for providing me more evidence for this theory.

13 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I saw something that I think said he hit .286 on the last homestand. But I may have not been focusing too hard on the post.

Danny was pretty awful in April/May last year, and then was literally Mike Trout in June.

Not expecting that by any means, but potential is there for him to be a threat for a month or so.

2 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I've been working on a theory that Trout is actually a talent vampire. The reason he is so good is because he drains the talent from everyone around him and uses it himself. That's why every left fielder we draft goes on to have one of the worst years of their career with the Angels. Thank you for providing me more evidence for this theory.

That makes an astounding amount of sense.