• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread Angels @ Tigers 6-6-2017

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

HAHA Trout strikes out a lot also. I don't get how you prefer Marte over Cron. He robs a db, and hits a HR but you focus on a SO.

I don't give a bleep whether it's Cron or Marte. It's June 6 and Cron now has a grand total of TWO home runs,.Good for him, tonight. Not so good for the first 63 days of the season. Cron's main purpose in his job is to provide consistent offensive firepower. He has mostly been sorely lacking. And you can only praise his defense so far. He is below average. So his bat had better be a cannon. He ain't been no Kendrys or Trumbo so far.

9 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I don't give a bleep whether it's Cron or Marte. It's June 6 and Cron now has a grand total of TWO home runs,.Good for him, tonight. Not so good for the first 63 days of the season. Cron's main purpose in his job is to provide consistent offensive firepower. He has mostly been sorely lacking. And you can only praise his defense so far. He is below average. So his bat had better be a cannon. He ain't been no Kendrys or Trumbo so far.

He has all of 86 at bats this year. He had a 115 wRC+ in 445 PAs last year, and a 182 wRC+ in 53 AAA PAs this season. I think a little perspective is in order.

12 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

True but he plays the better defense, hits for a higher average and wasn't getting regular AB, which makes it hard to stay sharp and keep your timing at the plate. The worst thing Eppler did was sign Valbuena and try to platoon 1B. Cron had a good season last year playing every game. He can carry a team for a couple of weeks at a time, if he gets hot, but he needs regular playing time to stay sharp.

Kole wasn't doing much better until recently either, but he is turning it around. Cron is much better than his first 2 months without regular AB. Espinosa has been shit but they keep sending him out most everyday. Maybin wasn't any good until he started leading off and now he's hurt. Cron hasn't been as bad as half the team but he got the shaft...

42 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

How much time during the first two months have Crin been on the DL and in Salt Lake?