• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'I love EY Jr.' thread

Chuck

3 hours ago, TroutField said:

I'm all for sticking him at 2nd when Trout and Maybin return. At least he adds some speed and a hot bat to the lineup. Espinosa needs to go ASAP

My concern...

He has played 379 games in his career...only 54 as a 2Bman

He played 9.1 innings in 2014 and 14.2 innings in 2013, 43 innings in 2011 and the only significant playing time came in 2010.

1 minute ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

So Maybin would have to be released, or ride the bench as part of the 40 man roster?

REally....release Maybin?

Over the last 30 days, Maybin has an OBP of .414, 2nd only to Trout with guys who played in 20+ games

Maybin's OPS is .853, again 2nd only to Trout for guys with 20+ games played.

But yea, we should cut Maybin loose or let him ride the pine.

REally....release Maybin?

Over the last 30 days, Maybin has an OBP of .414, 2nd only to Trout with guys who played in 20+ games

Maybin's OPS is .853, again 2nd only to Trout for guys with 20+ games played.

But yea, we should cut Maybin loose or let him ride the pine.

Please read the entire thread before coming to the conclusion anyone wants to release Maybin. Young had a great Spring, and Maybin couldn't hit a barn with a Volkswagon. Young went down to AAA, and Maybin the 40 man. I was commenting on why. 

19 minutes ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

So Maybin would have to be released, or ride the bench as part of the 40 man roster?

Read the whole message processed as you wanted to release Maybin...

Once Trout returns and EY stays hot, our two choices are to sit Maybin or Calhoun, unless EY can handle 2nd

2 hours ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

Soso left him off the roster after a very good spring training. Maybin did not earn his spot. I realize Maybin turned on the heat the last few weeks, but if EYJ is for real, and was for real on opening day, then we could have been in much better shape offensively so far.

Who left him off the roster? You must not know how this stuff works.

18 hours ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

Soso left him off the roster after a very good spring training. Maybin did not earn his spot. I realize Maybin turned on the heat the last few weeks, but if EYJ is for real, and was for real on opening day, then we could have been in much better shape offensively so far.

Is he for real?

Through 37 plate appearances(small sample size alert), EY has a .323/.432/.516 line with a 167 wRC+. You never want to assume too much from a guy in less than 50 plate appearances, or even 100 for that matter, but he is walking more and striking out less than ever. That alone makes him interesting to monitor because an improved approach with his base running abilities might make him a more attractive 4th outfielder than Ben Revere when everybody is healthy. 

19 minutes ago, Brent Maguire said:

Through 37 plate appearances(small sample size alert), EY has a .323/.432/.516 line with a 167 wRC+. You never want to assume too much from a guy in less than 50 plate appearances, or even 100 for that matter, but he is walking more and striking out less than ever. That alone makes him interesting to monitor because an improved approach with his base running abilities might make him a more attractive 4th outfielder than Ben Revere when everybody is healthy. 

Revere has been a disappointment...He could still heat up, I guess....don't really need 5 OF'ers so it will be interesting....long way before Trout is back though....lots could happen...Maybin gets traded, another injury...EY is a good piece to have....

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Revere has been a disappointment...He could still heat up, I guess....don't really need 5 OF'ers so it will be interesting....long way before Trout is back though....lots could happen...Maybin gets traded, another injury...EY is a good piece to have....

5 outfielders... shit we've only had 2 for like 3 years now....

2 hours ago, Brent Maguire said:

When you see guys make big improvements in walk, strikeout and ISO rates at the same time it's almost always due to an underlined improvement. EY obviously is looking at sample size issues, and he's definitely got some BABIP fortune going on as well, but he could go another 40 PAs without an XBH and still be above his career ISO rate.

He's 32 so maybe you could squint and say he's reaching his prime.