• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now Maybin is out...

Chuck

It wasn't Scioscia's fault that almost everyone we signed suffered a freak and disabling injury, aged precipitously, or just wasn't any good. The general managers and owner had far more to do with our present woes, and then there's the consistent bad luck that seems to accompany this team.

That being said, it's long past time for a change in the dugout. And Arte might consider selling the team while he's at it.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Speaking of Dipeutered, the M's are already near the bottom of the AL, and have a nearly 5.00 ERA.   That didn't take long. 

They're the only team that has suffered more injuries than we have - except, surprise surprise, they didn't have any depth to absorb the losses. 

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

They're the only team that has suffered more injuries than we have - except, surprise surprise, they didn't have any depth to absorb the losses. 

I would argue that our injuries have been more significant though.

Lost two closers, our #1 & #2 starters and a host of position players. 

59 minutes ago, totdprods said:

One more player, (15) -- 6 more days.     Not sure how big of an impact losing Shae Simmons and Shawn O'Malley for 120 days has had on them.   

Dodgers BTW with 21 players and 572 days lost to the DL blow both teams out of the water.. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

They lost literally their entire rotation and one of their best performing hitters. 
It's apples and oranges though - the point I was trying to make is that Dipoto's once again built a team with no depth. 

Another aspect - is it possible that perhaps with all of Dipoto's metrics and data and numbers, he's overlooked measuring the durability or health risk of players he's acquiring? If you stack all of the Angels and Mariners injuries together it looks reaaaaally bad.

14 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sure we've had some injuries but let's be real, Trout was having one of the greatest seasons in history but the rest on the lineup is atrocious. Maybin, Valbuena, Espinosa, Cron, Calhoun are all front line players that failed miserably to give Trout some support. The pitching has been pretty good without Richards and Skaggs. 

14 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

One more player, (15) -- 6 more days.     Not sure how big of an impact losing Shae Simmons and Shawn O'Malley for 120 days has had on them.   

Dodgers BTW with 21 players and 572 days lost to the DL blow both teams out of the water.. 

...and that is a sad fact.

Any guesses on how we'll do in our four games with them?

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think you and I have different ideas of what a front line player is.  To me, all of the ones you mentioned are replacement level save Calhoun.

Well they were hired to fill starting positions but we all knew who they were. Calhoun's immune system finally succumbed to the Angels team suckage.

18 hours ago, totdprods said:

Five starting pitchers our.  Top three relievers out.  Best player in baseball out.

Has Seattle been hit with the injury bug worse than the Angels?