• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cardinals option Grichuk

Glen

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Props to them -- they have Tommy Pham tearing it up and Grichuk needs to K less -- this is the sort of move a team with a long term plan will make...

Yep and it shows just how much work the Angels org needs to do

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He did the same thing during his rehab assignment. The dude is a real deal AAAA player. 

The head scratcher with Cron is his big country boy body frame and yet is not a home run hitter. When he is on his game it's scorching singles through the hole and line drives to the gap in right field. Home runs just seem to be an accidental lofted line drive.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The head scratcher with Cron is his big country boy body frame and yet is not a home run hitter. When he is on his game it's scorching singles through the hole and line drives to the gap in right field. Home runs just seem to be an accidental lofted line drive.

He's the Angels' Billy Butler

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I still think he is a better option than Pennington at 3b and Valbuena at 1b or Marte at 1b or 3b.....

Just now, DMVol said:

My point is Cron sucks less (a lot less if he gets hot)....just my opinion...

I agree. He does have the potential to get hot and become a run producer but maybe there's some stuff the coaches were seeing that we are not. 

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree. He does have the potential to get hot and become a run producer but maybe there's some stuff the coaches were seeing that we are not. 

I guess you have to assume that they thought he could get straightened out at SLC and be recalled fairly quickly....my concern is that, with Escobar close, we see Valbuena and his Mathis like stats permanently at 1b against RHP....Cron then becomes a platoon guy at best (if that)....not a great option with any of them, as you say....but I'd rather just put Cron at 1b and let him work his way out of it....

35 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Really don't get playing Valbuena at 1b with Escobar out....I think it might help us more if Cron gets hot in the bigs rather than at SLC....but that's just me....

He has always responded well to these early-season demotions. 
Cron comes off as the big-bodied, lumbering, country strong guy, but I think there's a little more going on between the ears. 

Last year, he seemed to make a distinct effort to change his approach and focus more on contact - his K's dropped bigtime and his walks increased significantly, but his power dropped. Eventually, he made adjustments and took off in July. 

When they send him to AAA, I think the coaching staff recognizes that he's gotten away from something, but he's shown the awareness and coachability to respond to that in Salt Lake, and come back renewed. 

51 minutes ago, DMVol said:

My point is Cron sucks less (a lot less if he gets hot)....just my opinion...

Cron can get hot for a couple weeks, then go into the deep freeze for two months.

Trout and Escobar are just about our only consistent hitters, and we won't see Mike until sometime in August. The team offensive numbers are gonna get even more ugly.