• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What has been the most frustrating part of the Angels so far this season?

Chuck

What has been the most frustrating part of the Angels so far this season?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Most frustrating aspect of the Angels this season

• Home runs allowed
    • The lack of productivity with RISP
    • Pujols (for Claude)
    • The starting pitching
    • The injuries
    • Baserunning
    • Yunel Escobar's defense
    • The BLACK hole in LF.... and 2B w/ Espinosa
    • Chad Pennington
    • All of the above

21 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Simmons is pretty amazing. Maldonado is our best catcher since Bengie Molina. 

agreed...but it's just not enough to make this team likeable or give us any hope that success is coming soon, just hang in there, it's around the corner..

38 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Other than Trout and maybe Kole...there isn't even anyone to like on this team, or in the org as a whole.  The Cubs were known as the loveable losers for a reason, they had a bunch of good guys who played hard...and they had success for a lot of seasons that of course didn't lead to a championship...but they came close in the last 20-30 years more often than the Angels have.

This org is on a boring and predictable path that has no plan, other than trying to put 3 million a year in the seats. That's boring, and I'm bored with it.

I'll always wish for more, and I'll always be a fan, and I like the people here...but the Angels are not really doing anything to move forward at this point.   

I think they are doing something important, they are clearing salary where it is practical to do so.  Next year we can lose Maybin, Revere, Espinosa, Escobar, Graterol, Pennington, Richards, Street, Baily, Petit, Marte, and possibly Cron, plus a few other relievers.  We get to build around Trout, Pujols (what's left of him), Maldonado, Simba, and possibly Calhoun.  We get to restructure the starting pitching staff with the addition of Heaney, Skaggs (if healthy), Shoemaker, JC Rameriz, Smith (if finally ready).  The biggest thing of all is the end of salary going to Hamilton ($20M this year).  We probably have $45M+ to plug holes around the five position players named above where we have no farm players ready. We also have an important draft this year.   

2 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I think they are doing something important, they are clearing salary where it is practical to do so.  Next year we can lose Maybin, Revere, Espinosa, Escobar, Graterol, Pennington, Richards, Street, Baily, Petit, Marte, and possibly Cron, plus a few other relievers.  We get to build around Trout, Pujols (what's left of him), Maldonado, Simba, and possibly Calhoun.  We get to restructure the starting pitching staff with the addition of Heaney, Skaggs (if healthy), Shoemaker, JC Rameriz, Smith (if finally ready).  The biggest thing of all is the end of salary going to Hamilton ($20M this year).  We probably have $45M+ to plug holes around the five position players named above where we have no farm players ready. We also have an important draft this year.   

Lots of ifs...but if that IS the plan, it would be nice to hear it from the people who are in  control.

Building around Pujols is a complete fallacy, but aside from that...I'm willing to listen to anyone in the organization that is willing to address the subject of what they see for the future...

Thing is, they have stopped talking to us altogether.

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

Lots of ifs...but if that IS the plan, it would be nice to hear it from the people who are in  control.

Building around Pujols is a complete fallacy, but aside from that...I'm willing to listen to anyone in the organization that is willing to address the subject of what they see for the future...

Can't let the opposition know what your plan is.  

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

For Espinosa it's probably a mental thing now.

They say he's working very hard pregame and on his mechanics, but how hard is it to make contact with the baseball?

I would give him some time off just to give him a chance to relax and get his mind back into it.

0 for 34 now.

oh i don't know, the hardest thing to do in sports? one that if you do 3 out of 10 you are considered really good.

50 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Can't let the opposition know what your plan is.  

The Cubs did...and it didn't stop them. They told their season ticket holders what the plan was, and asked them to hang in there for 5 years, and not all of them did.

I know you are being facetious, but I really do think ownership has a responsibility to show some respect for the fan. 

7 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Sorry HB but you aren't going to hear that from anyone in the organization, not the way you want to hear it at least.  I know your Cubs said it but it's not a common thing.  Spokes has talked about maintaining financial flexibility in the future.

I'm not really sure why you need to hear it, when it's pretty easy to see.  The last two years we've spent very little in free agency.  If I'm not mistaken in the last two years 2 players got more than a one year deal, Pennington and Chavez.  Every other player acquired via free agency is technically off the books after this season.  

The team hasn't traded away any of their best prospects except to get the best defensive short stop in the game, who's young enough to play for a long time.  It also appears that our drafts are much better than in the past with Dipoto.  

So players under contract after this season, Trout, Albert, Calhoun, Simmons and Chavez.  Then we control, Richards, Skaggs, Shoe, Bedrosian, Heaney, Trop, Meyer, Middleton, Parker, Maldonado, Perez, Cron, Marte.  I'm sure I'm missing a couple.  Most of those controllable players are very budget friendly.  

The direction has changed, building a farm that either graduates to help the team or is used to obtain major league talent takes time.  

12 hours ago, tomsred said:

I think they are doing something important, they are clearing salary where it is practical to do so.  Next year we can lose Maybin, Revere, Espinosa, Escobar, Graterol, Pennington, Richards, Street, Baily, Petit, Marte, and possibly Cron, plus a few other relievers.

Richards? He should be back in June or July, hopefully fully healthy for the first in a couple of years. I'm not ready to write him off just yet. Same goes for Skaggs. J C Ramirez is doing a great job filling in for Richards.

The defense is great also with 1 exception. The offense is our biggest weakness at the moment, and we still are close to .500. we need our offense to wake up and I feel it will, some what anyway. If the pitching can keep us in the game as they up til now until, we get some people off the DL we have a shot at a wild card come October.

I do feel that next year will be our best chance to date, to put some quality players to around Trout, and make a real run in the post season.

Injuries to the pitching is regrettable but the real problem is the result of The Pujols and Hamilton signings. The awful farm system has not produced a second  baseman or left fielder in ages. Cowart hasn't devloped though he should be given a last chance to prove otherwise. 

There are some promising arms on the horizon but very little in position players. You can't count on FA every year to plug all the holes that exist.