• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/19 Angels @ Astros

11 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I took dinner out of the oven and sat back down and the Astros were already back up to bat. Must have taken about 5 pitches to retire the side?

Okay, this has nothing to do with the Angels - but I don't understand: Does everybody not have a dvr?

I don't get it - you need to take your dinner out of the oven, press pause... come back, fast forward through commercials, and watch the Angels at-bats (as feeble as it may be)...

I am reading a lot on this thread about apple tv, youtube, etc.  It is clear to at least me that cable/satellite with a DVR hooked up to a high def tv is by far the best viewing experience, yet people don't seem to do it.

I don't want to watch games on an ipad or phone, when I can be watching in 42 to 70 inches of glorious Hi-Def.  Just the pausing and recording, then watching even a little bit to eliminate commercials just seems to be the best way.  Yet nobody on this board does it this way.  I just don't get it.

Is it cost?

26 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Just the pausing and recording, then watching even a little bit to eliminate commercials just seems to be the best way.  Yet nobody on this board does it this way.  I just don't get it.

Is it cost?

I do this for just about every sporting event I watch. 

I also use Amazon FireTV to watch regular tv shows so I don't have to watch/ffwd through commercials.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

I do this for just about every sporting event I watch. 

I also use Amazon FireTV to watch regular tv shows so I don't have to watch/ffwd through commercials.

Yeah, I don't know if I have adult onset ADD, but I just don't see how people watch live games (Super Bowl excluded).  I'm not doing it.  DVR and watch later.

And I dvr all the shows we watch.  When its time to watch some tv show, we just go to the dvr list - never to the live tv.

I would be interested to hear how others do it.

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

You obviously never saw Hunter throw a ball from RF. He had a rocket arm and didn't put himself in a position that required him to throw off of his back foot like Maybin did last night. But there's a reason why Maybin has more career errors than assists. 

"Obviously" eh?  You know it's getting harder and harder to attempt to respond to you with any semblance of courtesy.

We get it, Cameron Maybin is your new whipping boy and so long as he's here you will go to great lengths to rip on the guy... but to dismiss his defense entirely due to one misplay at a position he's had all of THREE innings of total as a MLB player screams "Hi, I'm a blowhard with an agenda named, Clod".   But hey.... don't let reason get the best of you..   You be you, Boo-Boo

As far as the reason why he has more career errors than assists -- you don't have a clue.  The fact that you are putting so much weight into statistics long proven to mean very little says as much.

BTW -- Hunter was a world better than Maybin defensively.  You're not exactly inventing the wheel pointing that out, Super-scout.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Okay, this has nothing to do with the Angels - but I don't understand: Does everybody not have a dvr?

I don't get it - you need to take your dinner out of the oven, press pause... come back, fast forward through commercials, and watch the Angels at-bats (as feeble as it may be)...

I am reading a lot on this thread about apple tv, youtube, etc.  It is clear to at least me that cable/satellite with a DVR hooked up to a high def tv is by far the best viewing experience, yet people don't seem to do it.

I don't want to watch games on an ipad or phone, when I can be watching in 42 to 70 inches of glorious Hi-Def.  Just the pausing and recording, then watching even a little bit to eliminate commercials just seems to be the best way.  Yet nobody on this board does it this way.  I just don't get it.

Is it cost?

I use one for sporting events...  particularly being on the East Coast.   But the advent of On-Demand viewing means I don't ever DVR anything other than sports.  Agree with your whole big screen .vs iPad commentary.

I end up working late so games that are Midwest or East coast feeds I stream on my pad. Otherwise I would miss a lot of games. Never bothered with the DVR, it would just end up being filled with shows I'd never get around to watching.

19 hours ago, Stradling said:

It is really simple.  We play a ton of close games.  Our starters are averaging about 5 innings a start.  Our bullpen is far from great and overused.  So the close games we are winning Scioscia goes with the best pitchers (it is really difficult to put an "s" at the end of pitcher because we don't really have good pitching in the pen outside of Bedrosian).  The close games we are losing he uses other pitchers like Morin, or last year it was Salas.  If we got length out of our starters this wouldn't be such an issue.  Or if we had 3-4 really good pieces in the pen that weren't overworked, then this would be a valid question.  

Good answer of course, but if your trying to keep the game close, I'd rather see them use Petit than Morin.

16 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

In case you haven't noticed, the Angels don't have a whole lot of consistent reliable relievers. Looks like Bedrosian, Norris, Alvarez, Parker  are the only ones he really trusts with a lead. That leaves Morin, Guerra, Petit to pitch when they're behind. 

Morin may be gone on Friday anyway, since he has options and they need a spot for Meyer 

Petit would be a much better option when keeping the game close IMO.

17 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Good answer of course, but if your trying to keep the game close, I'd rather see them use Petit than Morin.

Crap:  I'd take my chances on you before Morin (does the ball "look good coming out of your hand"?)....Morin hasn't been very good since a good start when he was called up the first time....they must see something to keep giving him chances...