• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Bernardino School Shooting

News media isn't helping right now (channel 5) by talking about the logistical nightmare and how children pickup information is changing and then trying to get parents on camera to talk about it...I'm not sure what is more...is sickening the right word...the fact that the news would focus on something like this right now...or the fact that we've almost come to expect schools to have a documented plan for what to do after campus shootings.

19 minutes ago, red321 said:

News media isn't helping right now (channel 5) by talking about the logistical nightmare and how children pickup information is changing and then trying to get parents on camera to talk about it...I'm not sure what is more...is sickening the right word...the fact that the news would focus on something like this right now...or the fact that we've almost come to expect schools to have a documented plan for what to do after campus shootings.

The reporter on channel 4 asked one lady how she felt finding out her daughter was OK.  Total idiot 

5 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

This story is so confusing..they are saying murder-suicide but apparently it's adults that are dead and kids that are injured?

WTF happened there? 

What few details have been revealed are all over the place.

Someone at the news conference (the mayor?) was just plain incoherent. He kept calling it a "tragedy" and then started to editorialize about the problems facing our country. Then it seemed like he was going to cry.

The children were rounded up and sent off to Cal State San Bernardino, where parents might have to wait three more hours to retrieve them.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Someone at the news conference (the mayor?) was just plain incoherent. He kept calling it a "tragedy" and then started to editorialize about the problems facing our country. Then it seemed like he was going to cry.

The children were rounded up and sent off to Cal State San Bernardino, where parents might have to wait three more hours to retrieve them.

I just read there were taken to Cajon H.S....man there is some BAD reporting and/or communication going on there. Glad I don't have a kid in that shitstorm..

19 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

This story is so confusing..they are saying murder-suicide but apparently it's adults that are dead and kids that are injured?

WTF happened there? 

From what the police said in the news conference it sounds like the kids were not targeted but we're just in the way  of the murderer and his victim 

First reports were they were taken to Cal State, but the parents had to first go to Cajon H.S. with photo ID in order to be "reunified" with them. The officials who were interviewed kept using that word. Isn't the proper term "reunited"?

The (official) people that I've heard interviewed have been amazingly incoherent.

9 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I just read there were taken to Cajon H.S....man there is some BAD reporting and/or communication going on there. Glad I don't have a kid in that shitstorm..

The kids that are being interviewed as witnesses were taken to  cal State University 

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

the mayor seemed like he was either drunk or stoned 

This sounds like some sort of domestic drama.  Man, way to pick your spots guy.  Also, isn't it weird that the office would just let a visitor go the class ? I don't recall unplanned "visitors" showing up to see my teachers when I was in school.  Anyway,  hopefully the injured kids recover fully.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This sounds like some sort of domestic drama.  Man, way to pick your spots guy.  Also, isn't it weird that the office would just let a visitor go the class ? I don't recall unplanned "visitors" showing up to see my teachers when I was in school.  Anyway,  hopefully the injured kids recover fully.

Maybe they thought is was going to be like that Rick Moranis scene from Parenthood.